GitCraft Adventures

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
jeffreybiles

GitCraft Adventures

Post by jeffreybiles »

I made a short game that plays like a mix between 2d zelda and the old 2d brawlers. It looks like minecraft.

http://jeffreybiles.gameoff.jit.su/

Tech used:
Node.js
Browserify
Mousetrap
Callan S.

Re: GitCraft Adventures

Post by Callan S. »

I got up to 'flame'.

I've written a few 'down to the bare bones of it' games myself.

I think though that some sort of save system (you're using Unity3D? I think that can access cookies?) would be good, as I found the game engaging for a few levels, but kind of like eating chips, once you've had some you want to put them down and have some more latter on. A save system would let me come back.

Also not sure if the collision detection for north or west slashes is working perfectly. Might need fine tuning.
jeffreybiles

Post by jeffreybiles »

Thanks for the feedback.

A save system would be a nice idea. I'm using node.js to run the server and browserify to package my client-javascript. No unity3d in sight, not sure how you got that impression. But anyways, I could definitely access cookies. The game is only 16 levels long, can be beaten in about 10 minutes, so I didn't feel the need to figure it out. Maybe I was wrong.

I can't replicate the collision detection problems you're having. If you're extremely close to them when you slash, they don't bounce as far... that could be what you're noticing.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Nice and fun game! Would be better sounds I think. Also cool random moves from the enemies, how did you do that?
Orgullo Catracho
jeffreybiles

Post by jeffreybiles »

Thanks! For the random movement, check out the changeDirection method on the enemy:

https://github.com/jeffreypablo/game-of ... emy.coffee
Ark

Post by Ark »

Aghhhh coffeescript :cry:

hopefully I found a convertor ;)

Thanks alot!
Orgullo Catracho
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I think it'd be good if the slash appears underneath the player. IIRC if you move toward the slash, it shows over the top of the players square.

Also yeah, it might only be 16 levels but if you want feedback, atleast a save system is straight forward feedback. Some people might say 'it should have a profound story' which isn't straight forward feedback at all.
jeffreybiles

Post by jeffreybiles »

It was definitely good feedback! I just decided against taking it. The story, on the other hand... look out next week, when I hire what's left of bioware to create a wall of text between each level ;p

Ah! the slash! Don't see how I missed that. Thanks.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”