First Android Game - Galactic Invaders - Major Update

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Baseball435

First Android Game - Galactic Invaders - Major Update

Post by Baseball435 »

Hey everyone, so about 4 days ago I released my first Android game called Galactic Invaders and overall it was pretty bad. The resolutions were off, words were off the screen, there was no sound, and nothing visually appealing.

So just yesterday I decided I would redo my game but this time using the library called "LibGDX". I just finished it up today and I have to say, it is AWESOME. I have done so many things and here is the changelog:

Code: Select all

Change Log:
2.3:
-Added an enemy that shoots back at you. Spawns after level 4.
-Added a shop item that makes your missiles blow up enemy missiles on collision.
-Made a new background to give the impression that there is depth.
-Made money a little easier to receive.

2.1:
-Removed an ad

2.0:
-Redid the whole game framework and code
-Added in new explosions
-Added in sounds
-Added in a shop to upgrade your ship
-Added in currency
-New Icon
-Fixed Minor Bugs
Im really excited about it because it is coming along really really well. The link below will take you to the Google Play page and you can install it from there. If you have any suggestions or better yet, if you have any ideas for new upgrades to add to the shop, PLEASE comment below and tell me them! I really need more ideas!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ball435.gi

ALSO: My game requires a few odd permissions like GPS, wifi, and a few others. The reason I need these permissions is because Im using an advertisement company's ads in my game and they require those permissions. The company is called LeadBolt: https://www.leadbolt.com/ and it is completely trusted. If you don't believe me you can look into it :)

Hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think!
~Baseball435
Last edited by Baseball435 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jackolantern

Re: First Android Game - Galactic Invaders - Major Update

Post by Jackolantern »

Very nice! I checked it out and it ran great on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer T101. Not that I would have believed it wouldn't have lol.

The only reason I mentioned the permissions is not because people here wouldn't trust it, but because I didn't know if others would. Do all ad programs require those permissions? I haven't noticed that, but if it is true, then people are probably more used to that than I would have thought, since basically every free game has a small ad banner lol.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Hotke

Post by Hotke »

checked it out, Great job. Gave you 5 stars, but think you can improve it.

played it on samsung galaxy s2, was not completely smooth but close enough
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Just updated the game, should activate on the GooglePlay market in the next hour or so. I posted the changelog for version 2.2 in the main part of the thread to see the updates!
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Jackolantern wrote:Very nice! I checked it out and it ran great on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer T101. Not that I would have believed it wouldn't have lol.

The only reason I mentioned the permissions is not because people here wouldn't trust it, but because I didn't know if others would. Do all ad programs require those permissions? I haven't noticed that, but if it is true, then people are probably more used to that than I would have thought, since basically every free game has a small ad banner lol.
Yeah you know, I was wondering the same thing but I haven't used any other ad program before so I can't really give you an answer to that. I thought it was odd too that they needed these permissions but Leadbolt is completely trusted.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Plays great on my Samsung Galaxy S3 - good job! :)
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

OldRod wrote:Plays great on my Samsung Galaxy S3 - good job! :)
Thanks!!

GAME WAS UPDATED! Version 2.3 is out and you can now download it from the GooglePlay Market on your phone or through the website. 2.3 adds in a new background, a new enemy that shoots missiles at you, and a new shop upgrade on page 2! Let me know what you think!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ball435.gi

New Changelog:

Code: Select all

Change Log:
2.3:
-Added an enemy that shoots back at you. Spawns after level 4.
-Added a shop item that makes your missiles blow up enemy missiles on collision.
-Made a new background to give the impression that there is depth.
-Made money a little easier to receive.

2.1:
-Removed an ad

2.0:
-Redid the whole game framework and code
-Added in new explosions
-Added in sounds
-Added in a shop to upgrade your ship
-Added in currency
-New Icon
-Fixed Minor Bugs
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Played it a bit again during lunch. My only complaint is that my finger keeps blocking the screen so I have trouble seeing where I am dragging :lol:

Any chance of a tutorial on how you got the basics of this game up and going? I'm sure others would love to know what it takes (I know I would).
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

OldRod wrote:Played it a bit again during lunch. My only complaint is that my finger keeps blocking the screen so I have trouble seeing where I am dragging :lol:

Any chance of a tutorial on how you got the basics of this game up and going? I'm sure others would love to know what it takes (I know I would).
Yeah I was contemplating whether or not to make a tutorial on something like this. I think I might do it if I get a lot of downloads. At the moment I only have around 30 downloads but Im looking to advertise it more on other forums. Im also going to be making a video later tonight which I hope will help out. Im thinking that if I get around 10k downloads then I will make a tutorial and I will say that in a video. It might take some time but I have a feeling it can get completed. I just need people to spread the word :) So if you know any of your friends that have Android phones, PLEASE show them or tell them about my game!

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”