Goose & Goats

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Gustava

Goose & Goats

Post by Gustava »

Yeah, you wanted to see what in the world this was..project has no official name. If a whistle goes off in your head for an idea after reading all this - holla.

Right, pretty city up top. A few of the nations I have got to below,

The testing site I am using until I get my VPS setup should explain a little more what it is, I will try to fix the link once I move everything as I hope to see this to the end. http://darkside21.net23.net/en/

A few of you might recognize pieces of it. The project has evolved a lot since my last thread, http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =35&t=3959,quoting one spot - "I am going for more of a fantasy 'genre'? But I mean..who knows how it will evolve. In any case anything originality is the goal. Def. not another mafia pow pow, eat my 10k bullets or however it works on there."

And how it has evolved to now a stereotype game, with the slight old sci-fi concept. Also how Chris put it - GOATS ARE EVERYWHERE!, I kept them too lol. It's a long story and I do have an idea for them o.0

The general idea of the game is you are representing a nation. Choosing that nation gives you the stereotypes of that nation as seen by the majority of the world, and a few that are just too good to pass up if it's a more generalized one. Popular people from that Nation can also act as 'Heroes' helping you out. Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking people for you, Napoleon leading French armies to a victory for once, or the Beatles making your a few bucks to buy something you shouldn't ;) The time periods do not matter for them if they were important enough, as well as stereotypes. It just has to be viewed by enough to be easily recognizable. The concept exponentially explodes upon itself into countless directions, but that should be a general idea of the direction I am taking with this.

Pretty much everything is from scratch, a few scripts from dhtml as they have very cool stuff. Usually edited 3x over though as I'm very picky how I want it to look. Why reinvent the wheel.

If anyone takes a look at the link, hovering over the countries gives a window as seen below,

does it work smoothly for you? I always get a little annoyed at sights that use "annoying" pop-ups and hovering effects that you have no control over. Give me your thoughts if you have a minute on that. But atleast for now I think I have to leave it as it is and start uploading the game files sitting...otherwise I might never get to it o.0

If anyone sees something they want to try or make something similar for their site make a post and I will give you a hand with it.

Dun dun dun dun..dun dun dun..sliding wire goat, right - off to sleep.

Nihilant

Re: Goose & Goats

Post by Nihilant »

Sounds very interesting :D I really like the stereotypes idea (used something similar in one of my 'older' games: http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheNihi ... lonization - go to 'Territories' button and select nations to see :D). Your game seems fun and would love to see more of it :)
Gustava

Post by Gustava »

Reminds me of risk, would give it a shot if it wasn't so late. Lol@Kengaroosia.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Love it! LOL@Canada with Bieber, that was great! :lol:

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

good stuff...Liam Neeson is Irish not American.
Gustava

Post by Gustava »

Is he really? I was doing it off the Taken movie..I'l see how to work it out lol.

Second Taken is coming out soon, looks good too. "If I kill you, your sons will seek revenge for your death?" "Yes, they will come." "Then I will kill them, too"

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”