TheTimeWarp

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
neronix17

TheTimeWarp

Post by neronix17 »

Hey, first of all since this is my first post I will quickly introduce myself, Im nero, I love computers and games most of the time both at once. Im friendly as long as others are to me, get on my wrong side though and Il turn into a rabid kiteh with a bad temper.

Now onto my project, I have been slowly building a project since the start of my summer holidays from college, basically its a single website hosted on my laptop (Lappy, cus thats where he always is), which has links to every website I have completed or am currently working on, all of them are related in at least one way (they are an example of the things I have and am able to do).
Before I explain what each one is and what it does etc. I will give you the link:

http://thetimewarp.bounceme.net/

The first Link there will be my FlashWorks, which as you can probably guess has all of my flashwork I have done since the start of the holidays. So far i only have 3 or 4 things completed, well, thats all I can remember where I put them :D

The second link is the only one which I will not take much, or any, credit for. Mainly because I did it using a kit, it is a online game called Nix Hotel (my name) based off a quite popular Habbo Hotel, well, i say based but it is pretty much a replica. This part may be removed soon as Ive had alot of trouble with it.

The third link is a browser game I started developing following the tutorial made by hallsofvalhalla on these forums, which took me a long long time to find since it seems to be the only tutorial for php and mysql based games (both of which Ive used enough to know what I was doing). This game will be based on Star Wars till Ive finished my own storyline and artwork etc.

The last two links lead to the forum, and the feedback system both of which are pretty self exlpanitory.

Anyways, thats my project and dont ask where I got the idea for the link name, cus I really have no idea. Thanks for reading my ramblings, hope to see some comments, feedback etc, soon :D

~Nero~
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
Alexx

Re: TheTimeWarp

Post by Alexx »

Nice job, pretty nice flash animations :)

Oh, I guessed the login on your php game and got it right the first time - so either it was a really lucky guess or something went wrong..dunno..but nice work. Is that forum from chipmunks tut. btw? Looks familiar to his..but the timestamps and a few other labels look neater :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice work!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Agent

Post by Agent »

Pretty nice flash work - whichflash version do you use?
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

#Agent
Thanks, I use the Adobe CS4 version, just about to upload the rest I finished now :)

#Alexx
Hehehe, thats easy since Im still playing around with the code so I used a simple login for the test :D
And for the forum I got help from a guy I know from college, he could have used that turorial though :)

Thanks for the comments :)
Agent

Post by Agent »

Ah nice, - uh I am some big flash buff, yet I am still stuck on Flash 8 package. I'm going to get myself a newer version soon, mainly for the action script 3.0
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

#Agent
Yeah I only got CS4 for the AS3 and extremely easy motion paths :D can now do an hours work in 10 min. Most of the animations I have made so far though dont have anything other than stop(); for actionscript so that it doesnt repeat. Ive made a game following a tutorial before but It was nothing more than a Super Mario copy with a different skin, was handy for passing one of the classes last year in college though :D
Agent

Post by Agent »

Hehe nice stuff, well stick around - when I find myself with a bit of free time from school (3 weeks or so) I am starting a full Flash RPG engine tutorial series: (you can see a quick early version of it here http://agent48.webs.com/ ) you might find it interesting. How long have you been using Flash for?
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

#Agent
Ive been using Flash since I knew about it, probably the 2004 version was the first I used. I havent done much with actionscript although what I have done I enjoyed playing with, I did succeed with a paddle game once, but I have no idea where it went. That tutorial will be watched with my un-blinking eyes :lol: Ive always wanted to make a RPG with flash, I did see a tutorial that made something similar to that example but the code was broken, I know enough of actionscript to assign keys to movement and actions so Im not completely useless with it :D Im more experienced in the design part, although only a couple of them are detailed enough to show that. Il try and get the games Ive made from tutorials up on my website if I can find them. I have added a couple more for you to have a look at, in my opinion, my best one is the one I made over last night and this morning. Its an Advertisement for a MMO game Im trying to build upon.

P.S. Im not a star wars nut, I just have nothing else to use for things like that yet and clone wars just happened to be on last night :lol:
Alexx

Post by Alexx »

neronix17 wrote:I have added a couple more for you to have a look at, in my opinion, my best one is the one I made over last night and this morning. Its an Advertisement for a MMO game Im trying to build upon.

P.S. Im not a star wars nut, I just have nothing else to use for things like that yet and clone wars just happened to be on last night :lol:
Yeah, it looks nice. I liked the bad loading bar as well ;)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”