Dark Universe Online

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Klown

Dark Universe Online

Post by Klown »

Hi guys,

I haven't been around much in the last 12-15 months. Family life got really busy. I started an rpg game in jan or 2011 or so, i finished it about 25% and had to quit working on the project. I've since learned a few more techniques in php/mysql and decided to make a space aged real time strategy game. Its got a fully functional game world right now, there is room for more than 50 players in the beta server.

I am in no way an artist, and have pieced together art from the web, slightly customized it but the ingame art is mostly place holder stuff until i can find someone who can do the art for this game. I am willing to pay for some 2d isometric artwork, but im not rich so it would have to be reasonably priced.

If you know an artist or are one who is looking for work, please email me at: dustinpbowers@gmail.com

I game highlights are this:

2d visual browser RTS style game
game map for you to navigate and scroll through
game colony for you to construct buildings in place holder slots
ability to play alone or in a faction of players
world chat custom written in php/mysql with some ajax to refresh
faction chat if youre in a faction
in game mail/message system
battle reports
top players list
and alot more...

We would love a few more players there are about 12 active players now, we had 25 but i was shut down from a free server while testing the game in the alpha version. I have since bought a virtual dedicated server and have it hosted on my own domain.

The domain name is: darkuniverseonline.net if the game name is not active yet, since it was registered 24 hours ago, the ip is active at: http://50.63.144.194 you can register and login. All feed back is welcome. I hope to see you play, and good luck with your own game creations!

-Dustin
aka Klown
if( $myGames != "Crap" ) {
  • please_donate( $money );
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
Ark

Re: Dark Universe Online

Post by Ark »

cool game i liked it.
Orgullo Catracho
Chris

Post by Chris »

Oh god.. Another pure chaotic mess... Please disable JavaScript injection. It's simple. http://php.net/htmlentities. Unless you want session hijacking to completely ruin your game.

Few bugs I've found.
- JavaScript and HTML can be injected in the chat. Solution is to use htmlentities() before you echo the data.
- I can change the option value of the "Select Different Colony" selection and access someone elses colony.
- I can change the upgrade level hidden field value when upgrading buildings so they upgrade to a different level than they are supposed to. Which completely screwed up my colony.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
ConceptDestiny

Post by ConceptDestiny »

Very nice... had loads of potential! Good luck with this gem. :)

Be very aware of the issues Chris highlighted though, they can be VERY devastating after you've released the game!
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Hidden fields should not be used unless nessecary!

Game could be decent. Your design needs A LOT of work. It looks fine, but not near the standards of todays browsergames. Fixing secrity holes and make better layout would make a decent game i think.
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”