MoJo Social Network (Smarty Template Engine)

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
GrInd3r

MoJo Social Network (Smarty Template Engine)

Post by GrInd3r »

MoJo Social Network is being redesigned to be based around the Smarty Template Engine. Its a Social Network Much like Facebook/Twitter that I am looking to give away or possible sell one day,

Features as of now :)

users status updates
follow/unfollow friends
registration
upload pictures/images
Content Management System
Ajax/MySQL/PHP User Search engine. (a little bugged)

Soon to come.

User to user instant message within the website
PMS(Private Mail System) for user to user use
Profile Design allowing users to edit there profile completely (Hopefully without giving to much access to the server).
Arcade for when you are bored.
Complete redesign to the Back ground engine starting to use the Smarty Template Engine already
post-it! a Sticky Note like system where it will send you a email when you have something important to do or need to copy something down and or want to share with other users. will be able to have the option to either hide or show the post-it! note.

SMS Text messaging system when I get the time to set it up and write the code.

Some bugs. HAving some bugs with the date function like posted: yesterday @ 12:15 pm 07/08/09 but will be fixed soon
Smiley system bugged. some javascript errors I havnt had the time to look into them 100%.

WANTED!
some help lol doing it all by myself. if you are a good php/mysql/ajax Dev please PM or email me

ALSO

tell me what you think so far. what could be done and what could be taken out.

Thanks
~GrInd3r
John Grissom
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: MoJo Social Network (Smarty Template Engine)

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

hmm i like this, i may contact you later with some interest.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sounds like an awesome project! This kind of stuff is really hot right now. Everyone thinks that all they have to do is just make another Facebook/MySpace and then they make millions. But hey, why not make millions off of all those people who think they are going to make millions? ;)

This is the kind of project I would be interested in, but unfortunately at the moment, I don't really have the skills to help. I am a good C#, Java and VB.NET desktop programmer (with some ASP.NET, but of course that doesn't help you) who is just getting into web scripting with PHP. If you still need some help when my skills grow (which should hopefully be fairly quick with my coding background), I would like to help then. I just wanted to say that some people are really knocking projects like these out of the park at the moment, so keep it up! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Jack, there is one of those. Its called Ning.

I would probably offer to help, if I wasn't building a social networking type site myself right now lol.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

Yeah I have a account for ning dont like it, if you all want to help just pm me!
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

New Version I am working on ><
Agent

Post by Agent »

Wow, sounds great Grinder, good luck with it all.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I don't really think Ning was what I was talking about, although I have not fully checked out their website. I just meant creating templates and applications that can be sold to allow others to start their own social networking site. Ning kind of looked like a social networking site of people wanting to start social networking sites. Kinda odd, so maybe I have that wrong :lol:
Utohaha

Post by Utohaha »

Lol, /fuck/index.php
Anyway, Looks great so far Grind3r! Too bad I can't help you with it though :/
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

lol I didn't notice that. Nice folder structuring! :lol:

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”