MoJo Social Network (Smarty Template Engine)

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: MoJo Social Network (Smarty Template Engine)

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

looking good so far,
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

Thanks, Althou I am not using the Smarty Template Engine like I wanted to, But! it is pretty much all Div overlays so I will allow them to edit that and some css in it as well so they can change there profile's and this site will have alot and i mean alot of ajax so they can move tables around etc... live member search engine, ajax image upload's ajax pms service to so yeah goona be pretty tight lol...

BTW Love the mmorpg Halls
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

I am going to put up a demo of it so far so you can see it. just a few pages not the whole thing profile page for now
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I have studied social networking sites for a while, as I have been interested in making some software to power them. I don't personally use any sites like that, but one thing I have noticed on almost every successful social networking site is that there are many activities for users to do. The socializing and leaving messages for people cannot be the one and only activity. If it is, then people who get less messages and have less friends will tend to gravitate away to another service. No one wants to admit that they don't have friends, so you will typically hear users saying "this site sucks, I am going to <blank site>". If you can have tons of activities (that can be customized by the site admin) then you are letting your users make the most out of the friends that they do have to interact with. Both Facebook and MySpace have tons of polls, quizzes, games and activities for their users, so a user could theoretically spend hours on the site even if they only have a couple of friends online.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

This is correct. I will be adding a Arcade area to the sit and add quize's etc... I want this application to be like this

a user will be able to download via donation or I might sell it as copy's like Social Engine and such other social engine cms programs that use the smarty template. now I have created a social network for games in the past and it was very succesfull but people need to move on so I did. now if your interested in the site or want to help then hit me up dosnt matter how much exp you have at php/mysql/ajax. this could be a learning exp for you!
GrInd3r

Post by GrInd3r »

Hey, Made Many improvements on MoJo Ajax framework is moving along as planned I am working on the Ajax Signup for users didnt realize I didnt have one up for the new version of the site lol so I am working on that ><

http://www.eve-lounge.com/

username: ffx
password: ffx

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”