Cooking with Jattenalle - Meatsauce

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Jackolantern

Re: Cooking with Jattenalle - Meatsauce

Post by Jackolantern »

Honestly, I love most Japanese food. From sushi to tonkatsu to simple everyday meals, I love it. This was one of the first things I had tried that I absolutely did not like.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Agent

Post by Agent »

I dunno, im more of a Chinese food fan... never really had too much exposure to Japanese food, I must try it one day
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Ramen noodles == Fucking win I don't think there is anything that tastes better than a bowl of plain Ramen noodles.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Japanese food is totally different than Chinese in pretty much every way. And screw those "Japanese Steak-house" places. They are alright, but definitely not real Japanese food. I think those things started out in CA.

If you can find an authentic Japanese restaurant, I highly suggest it!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i cant stand sushi...one tiny tenth of a centimeter of sushi could equal a whole fillet of fish later....why waste it? And Cook your damn food people!!! :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:i cant stand sushi...one tiny tenth of a centimeter of sushi could equal a whole fillet of fish later....why waste it? And Cook your damn food people!!! :)
Actually fish fillets are much more wasteful than sushi. Most commercial sushi places cryogenically freeze left-over fish, and almost every bit is used in something or another, except for small parts of the face.

But its not for everyone. Just realize, though, that the most popular sushi rolls in the US are all cooked. These would be California Rolls, crunchy shrimp rolls, eel rolls (very good; served with a special barbecue sauce), and Japanese vegetable rolls. My fiancee loves sushi, but won't eat raw fish. I, on the other hand, love it :P
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

well i must admit my total stupid moment, i was thinking sushi was fish eggs.... yes i still hate it because its raw...
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:well i must admit my total stupid moment, i was thinking sushi was fish eggs.... yes i still hate it because its raw...
Fish eggs can be one type of sushi, so you are not entirely wrong. I don't personally dig the fish egg sushi myself :?
grif

Post by grif »

Nazdaq wrote:DO NOT FOLLOW HIS RECIPE! My kitchen is gone, my house is gone, my friggin car is gone, radiation everywhere. Do not try this at home!
lol

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”