Forsaken Sanctum

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Forsaken Sanctum

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Forsaken sanctum is a browser based MMORPG. It features a 99% player run enviroment and economy. Players build all shops, houses, towns, weapons, armor, items, ect. The only thing that is in the game is materials from which all things are made.
I have written the engine from the ground up using PHP, JavaScript, Ajax, HTML, and MYSQL. Its still a WIP as is all the screen shown. Its actually a second generation engine, the first is still live in beta but will be replaced by the new engine within the next month or two as we move to beta 3.0.
I recently finished the mapping system, it consists of over 16,000 maps in which the players can build on, buy, and even grow plants for harvesting.

i noticed the template you are using cuts off large pics....
(building a shop)

Lumbering is a mini game, the blue line bounces up and down pretty fast. You hit the chop button to chop. When you do it places the chop marks. Different trees have different thickness. You have to hit a chop line exactly on another to chop through the tree. Depending on the tree it could take several chops. You get as many chops as you have in lumbering skill.

To Mine click on the strike button to stop the two bars over the grid. Wherever the two lines intersect is the amount your strike is worth. Your strike points will tally and raise the red bar. Your object is to bring the red bar into the green within 5 strikes and without going over. The better your mining skill is the bigger the green bar will be.

I have started on fishing. Its not nearly done but here is the first draft for testing. You enter in a angle and a speed (kinda like scorched earth or the old gorilla for qbasic) and you try to hit a fish. I am still working on the idea so more to come.

players craft all equipment and name each item, they also build the image of the weapon form various images
(images are placeholders)

same is with armor

for the storyline, forums, and website
http://www.forsakensanctum.com/
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Forsaken Sanctum

well after a week or so of coding and crying then coding some more I finally almost have weapon and armor crafting done.

This is a example pic, not finished product, we have updated these graphics I just havent downloaded them yet.

After successfully crafting a material into an item players may create the look of their weapon from various blade and handle pics, more on live server :)

This is also from the test server, Players choose what kind of hammer they want to craft with as the surface

like I said these are not finished product images many are place holders.
yuinyo

Post by yuinyo »

ahh i have bean waiting for this thread. glad to see forsaken sanctum is still going swell halls. I have seen some new 3D pictures on the website. you still dabbling in the 3D halls lol.

Yuin
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

of course. I actually am working on integrating 3d into this project and still through the browser.
yuinyo

Post by yuinyo »

O really? are you going to use that torque browser that DBS made. (haven't sean him in a while)
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Knowing halls, it won't have anything to do with Torque ;) Maybe Unity? That'd be my choice.
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Halls is using Unity3d. You guys should wait and see what he has in store. Oh man is it awesome.

@Yuinyo
DBS actually didn't make the Torque browser plugin. The browser plugin dates WAY back to the TGE days. I think TSE had just came out. Anyhow he found it and made changes so it would work for TGEA, which is still pretty impressive.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
yuinyo

Post by yuinyo »

True Halls wont use anything torque lol. For me i would probly go with RC if i wasent so far into my mini project (codding wise) that and i still use TGE its not THAT old. :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

RC would be fun to use as long as I could add proper shaders to it but that seems fail. I have yet to find anyone do it successfully not have I seen anyone keep the server up with more than 50 players.

I will most likely never go back to torque. period....
Viper

Post by Viper »

well halls, heres a actuall project that is making money.... http://www.realmcrafter.com/private/vie ... c&start=60

they have actually done very well.

but thats RC standard, for shaders get RCpro. but im sure you have heard that countless times :)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”