The Repopulation

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
xerves

The Repopulation

Post by xerves »

Those who visit mmoworkshop.com or mmorpgmaker.com are most likely familiar with our project, but I thought I would post some updated here as well. I do not believe we have included these images anywhere else beyond Facebook, but I thought I would include a few shots that we have done recently.

The Repopulation is a Sci-Fi MMO running on the HeroCloud. We are a small indy team that consists of at the core 2 programmers and 1 artist along with a handful of other outside helpers. We have been working on the The Repopulation since 2007 and recently moved over to using HeroEngine/HeroCloud in 2010 once they released an Indy friendly and affordable solution. We are offering an opened ended style of game play based around a dynamic, generated mission based system that offers missions based on your appropriate skill level and past influences over the game. Along those same lines we offer instance based experiences that can be tailored toward different styles of game play as well (solo, group, all out hack and slash, skills based, etc). Since it is a purely skills based game there are no levels and players could technically master any skill they want, but like life it is hard to be a master of many trades.

We are currently in the redevelopment state since we moved engines, but things are moving quickly along with all of our porting from our old system along with getting old and new art into our current system. Not to mention having a quality reference such as Hero's Journey to work from all saved a lot in development time and introduced a few new features we did not have before.

If you wish to learn more about The Repopulation you are welcome to visit our website at http://www.therepopulation.com as we do monthly news postings there and also updates to Facebook. We should be ramping up advertisement and general awareness in the next few months so if you are interested in getting involved with Alpha testing or just watching our project as it continues over the next few months please check out the website and Friend the project on Facebook if you are into that as well.

Thanks.

Joshua "Xerves" Halls
Co-Owner/Programmer
SpiritWebb

Re: The Repopulation

Post by SpiritWebb »

Awesome screens. Looks amazing! Would love to take part in the alpha when that takes place! Thank you for sharing!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Awesome as always Xerves! How has the Hero Engine been treating you? Obviously pretty well from the pics, but how does it compare to Torque now that you have had a few months with it?

For those not familiar with the team, The Repopulation team is one of those rare few indie groups that prove that a 3D MMORPG can be done by a highly-skilled, dedicated group of developers.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

agreed..been wondering when you were gonna post here. Thanks for doing so. Repop is a inspiration to us all!

Nice looking screens, simply amazing ! Can't wait to play.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Nice screens. Is it just me or is the guy in the last shot looking exactly like he's going "WTF!?"?
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
xerves

Post by xerves »

It has been treating us good so far. It has had its ups and downs just like any choice, but overall things are moving forward quickly and we are happy with our choice and the money spent. They don't exactly have a "start with Hero's Journey" template so we had to move over a lot of code and DOM settings, but after that was done (and it was a lot of work) things have been going along fairly smoothly. Their support has been excellent too, their staff reply quickly to posts and other requests and look into the issues for the most part promptly. Just like any other engine though it really isn't about hand holding with the support it is more about fixing issues and pointing people in the right direction. $5000 sounds like a lot, but I have spent more on other products before in my previous (and somewhat still current) vocation and have received less support.

The big reason we decided to change once BWT came out and then HeroCloud really was about having another company behind us for support if needed or for guidance as well. We were really the ones left driving things forward with the MMOKIT and found ourself spending more time producing a middleware product to produce a MMO then actually making one and that at least has turned around since we spend our time producing The Repopulation compared to making the engine work. The price point they set is really about getting a game rolling with their product and hoping 1 or 2 succeeds and they can make a bit more money from it. The good point about that is they are invested in it as well at that point so again it should help from the support avenue as well.

Hoping to get alpha rolling toward the end of the month, but most likely it will be March. New website in the works as well along with some other plans to get the word out in the larger avenues.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

We were really the ones left driving things forward with the MMOKIT and found ourself spending more time producing a middleware product to produce a MMO then actually making one and that at least has turned around since we spend our time producing The Repopulation compared to making the engine work.
I can understand that.. It is easy to lose focus of your game when you are spending most of your time focusing on the actual engine. At least now someone else is responsible for the engine and they are actually active and are spending time updating the engine.
theg721

Post by theg721 »

*stares in awe at screenshots*

:shock:
Shihonoryu

Post by Shihonoryu »

Wow just.....wow.

This makes me want to make something again! haha
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

This is a dedicated team. In true 3D MMORPG development fashion, they have been working on this game I believe since before I even joined the MMORPGMaker forum, which was several years ago now.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”