Kings of Legions

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
stevoboi

Kings of Legions

Post by stevoboi »

(UPDATE - 8/24/2011)
We've decided to go with facebook since it gets the word out quicker...
The game has been completely revised and near beta release. You can test it out beforehand @ http://apps.facebook.com/kingsoflegions/

Lemme know what you guys think please, any criticism is taken with positivity.

Thanks,

Steven
Last edited by stevoboi on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Re: Kings of Legions

Post by Chris »

Pretty cool ;)
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

looks very kewl so far. Nice layout.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

You should definitely include a little preview of the game, IE screenshots, maybe a video, some information etc that is linked from the home page because I, and I'm sure many other users, don't feel comfortable signing up for something when we're not sure what it is.

But once I logged in I was very intrigued. It looks well put together so far. I like the larger (than average) number of resources to gather.

My only suggestion is to add some instructions that are easily accessible. Also, just a nitpick but I don't think things that are still in development should be click-able.
w00t
stevoboi

Post by stevoboi »

Thanks for the timely responses by the way guys :)

I agree, once we get our home media site up, the game login/register will all be there so the information/screenshots will be shown so that research can be done before playing the game.

As far as the click-able items that are still in development, I made it so that you can enter the buildings you've built (because the map calls for a URL and IMAGE based off of the building name (ex. " . $building_name . ".php and " . $building_name . ".png)

We're working on it, slowly but surely. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, send em to me via private message or here :)

Thanks for your time,

Steven
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Well couldn't you just check if the file exists before placing the links?

Something like this:

Code: Select all

if (file_exists($building_name.'php'))
{
//Create the link
}
else
{
//Create a link with href="#"
}
But anyway, I do like the game so far. I really like the world maps. Makes it feel like a very large game world. Keep it up :D
w00t
Chris

Post by Chris »

The way you programmed it, makes it very secure ;) No way of cheating here..... :P

Look I have 6 different types of mines :D
stevoboi

Post by stevoboi »

@ Chris, Yeah, I haven't ran all the checks on the build.php, still working them in.. Luckily it's not even in beta mode otherwise I'd be freakin out, lol
These types of glitches are always a pain to block out, lots of if() statements...
Chris

Post by Chris »

stevoboi wrote:@ Chris, Yeah, I haven't ran all the checks on the build.php, still working them in.. Luckily it's not even in beta mode otherwise I'd be freakin out, lol
These types of glitches are always a pain to block out, lots of if() statements...
Or how about not posting every little last bit of information with hidden fields and just retrieving it server side when needed?
stevoboi

Post by stevoboi »

Since the message you sent me, I'll be moving every cost/etc over to database-side... I knew those tricky hidden input fields would get me eventually.

--EDIT:

I've changed the calculations from form variables to mysql data... Much more efficient and hassle-free.
Thanks to Chris for the suggestion and glitch report!
(Also updated the building page.. More eye friendly now.)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”