Ruler Of Kings Text RPG

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.

Re: Ruler Of Kings Text RPG

Postby Jackolantern » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:58 am

You should link those pages to the main page. Again, this is about player psychology. You are introducing what the game is and how it works only once they have decided to play. There needs to be supporting pages that convince players to choose to play. Many potential players like to look around the site to see if they want to commit to playing and I believe most players would not expect to see that information once they choose to play.

And I actually hadn't had a chance to check the game out yet. I was more wanting to provide feedback on a first-timer visitor's experience to your page. I will try to check the game out later today :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Jackolantern

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby GameMaster » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:13 am

I can tell you really have not looked at the site but just giving opinions on the fly. On the home site are about 6 links to that content. There are detailed pages, there is detailed support and there are about 10 videos to share with people from those who already know about text RPGing and those who do not.

This game will attract those who it is meant to: medieval fantasy writers. Its not meant for everyone and not claiming to get everyone interested. I am just sharing a link to the game of those who are interested, not really looking for 'analysis'.
Last edited by GameMaster on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameMaster

Postby Jackolantern » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I don't see the links on the page, but okay. If you don't want any feedback, I will just leave this where it is. But this is a browser game development/marketing/analysis site, so that is going to be our first reaction to posted games. I was only trying to help.
Jackolantern

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:11 pm

I would agree with Jack that the website can be confusing at first but I believe it is simply the amount of information and text you have on there. It is quite daunting. I am a avid pen and paper RPG'r and very excited by your text based game but was still a bit confused at the beginning on where to begin. With that said once you delve in it is refreshing to have so much to dig through. A ton of great stuff it really is and a very exciting project. I think for newcomers it just takes a bit to get use to which may put some people off which is what I think Jack was eluding to. Just some opinions and comments. Please don't take offense.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby GameMaster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm not offended and like constructive criticism from those who have fully played it. I really do not count much someone standing on the outside looking in and guessing what is there. Like I said, this is about reading and writing... if you are looking for a click or push button game this is not it. it takes real strategy and creative thought to survive in ROK II. If you find reading daunting then you will not like this game because it will be the same as saying reading a novel is daunting. I repeat... you are creating a medieval fantasy novel with your character as the protagonist. I hope that better clarifies.

Here is the main Board for this: Text RPG, Text MMORPG
Here is the Discussion Thread for it: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG
GameMaster

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:21 pm

That makes sense and we were just noting from a first glance so to speak. Definitely not attacking it. I totally get where you are coming from.

Think of it like a 2nd edition D&D campaign setting,. While I love them and enjoy getting into them they can be daunting when you first open the box.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby GameMaster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Sure and the whole point of the game is anything that you feel needs to be changed can be. If anyone does join and tries it then you can please put your points here: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG that way I can categorize or item it and other Players can also get in on it.
GameMaster

Postby Jackolantern » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm

You don't feel like what I was saying was constructive? So you mean you took it as an attack on your game?
Jackolantern

Postby GameMaster » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 am

The effects of roleplaying on some relationships:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-oomVO8ysQ
GameMaster

Previous

Return to Project Showoff Tier II