Video 6

Newest version of MMO Tutorials
Nexigen

Re: Video 6

Post by Nexigen »

Hey HallsOfValhalla,

First things come first, I really appreciate you doing a tutorial like this.
I'm learning quite a lot and I wish to have my own mmo based browser game in the near future.
I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes of this browser based mmo tutorial. I also understood everything.
But when I started with tutorial 5 and 6, it became too much for me.
Too much code was added and the explanation and elaboration on the code that has been added was insufficient to make me understand everything.
I'm not new to coding (yet fairly inexperienced), but the approach you have used is still pretty unclear to me.

I had to watch tutorial 5 and especially 6 several times with thorough scanning of the code in order to understand something out of it.
Yet I still don't think I could manually adjust certain things to fit my ideas on an MMO. I didn't master it enough.
I know you try to keep tutorials short so that it does not get boring. But I would've really preferred a 45 minutes long tutorial about you coding everything step by step so that it is way easier to understand the inner structure of the code and why you did it like this.
Right now I really feel like I'm built a game without really understanding anything about how it is built.
Tutorials might get a little boring like that for people that already know what you're doing, but they can just skip parts if they like.
On the other hand, I'm unable to get in-depth information now because of the speed.

Nevertheless, please keep going. I'm working towards tutorial 10 and then ill try to combine this with your text based rpg tutorials.
I'm also planning on taking PHP in combination with mysql classes so i hope that should clarify a few things for me.

Cheers,
Nexigen.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Video 6

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks for the comments. I will definitely try to do a better job of explaining in the future videos and slow it down a bit.

Return to “Browser Based MMO 2.0”