Mud Module?

General Chat, Comments
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Mud Module?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So I have been working on a web based mud engine off and on for the past few years. Here lately I have been really on the verge of building my own game engine but the time and motivation just hasn't felt right. It is starting to feel more right as of late.
After going over options I decided the MUD engine might be the best option. After reading GMoores post about a module I thought hmmm..why create something from scratch when a great shell for my idea already exists. When there be any interest in a Mud module? What do you think a user would pay for a module that would house a MUD engine yet still utilize other mods and the NWE portal? Should I build this as a stand alone instead?
KaL

Re: Mud Module?

Post by KaL »

No build it on NWE instead. I don't want to create another game content for another engine.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

You think it will have any interest?

Also what does everyone think of the server side? Should I keep it ajax and PHP or build it via nodejs? Problem with Nodejs is it will require more than a webhost to support but will be much faster and smoother.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I think if you want the majority of people to be able to use it then go Ajax/PHP. But if you want the pure awesomeness go Node.
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

I just love MUD. The structure, etc. Just to be honest, we are making a MUD version of NWE currently. If you want to make a module and it fits the "safety" test, we will post it. MUD and all. I just don't want people to thing we are completing.

Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Ah i didn't know you had plans for one already. No reason to have two so I 'll concentrate my focus elsewhere. Thanks!
Sim

Post by Sim »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:You think it will have any interest?

Also what does everyone think of the server side? Should I keep it ajax and PHP or build it via nodejs? Problem with Nodejs is it will require more than a webhost to support but will be much faster and smoother.
Both? Be able to config depend upon server. =)
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Please do a MUD 'thing' if you want. I meant 'competing' not 'completing'.

Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.

Return to “General”