Adding a new equipment stat type and effect?

General Chat, Comments
cbsarge

Adding a new equipment stat type and effect?

Post by cbsarge »

I'd like to add some additional Equipment slots that effect Strength or Dexterity. I can see how to add the object types, slots, etc but, how do I add Dexterity and Strength as stat modifiers on a new object type?

Thanks.
cbsarge

Re: Adding a new equipment stat type and effect?

Post by cbsarge »

Revisiting this one.

What tables do I need to modify to create a completely new item? I thought I went through and got them all but, the new item seems to change nothing when equipped.

In this case I:
  • 1. Created a new slot type of Ability that will accept items in the object category of Abilities
    2. Added object type attributes to Abilities for Strength, Dexterity, Protection and Health
    3. Created a new object called "Just Your Basic Ability" with 1 in for all of the attributes
    4. Equipped the new item on a brand new character to see if it had any effect
As near as I can tell, the new object isn't doing anything. Have I missed an obvious step here? :roll:
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

Anyone? :cry:
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

I'd help if I knew much about NWE, sorry mate. I think I'll start looking into it soon since a lot of people on here seem to be fairly active with it.
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
KaL

Post by KaL »

That won't work because the level module has a cap on character depending on their levels. You have to increase the capped value of that stats (strength) too:

To do list:

1) hunter level 1 = equipped sword 100+ strength
Stats: strength 20 (the same)

2) if strength max level is increase: 200
Stats: strength 120 (it works!)

3) to do this is by scripting it or set condition levels for your items to be equip without writing any script.

4) if level of the character is increase, their strength max level also increase.

For example:

Sword 100+ strength (required level 50)

If you do the level system the game will function better. If you add more values to the other stats that are made for combat. The character will not do an energy recover when in combat. You have to balance the strength and dexterity maybe between a margin of + or - 10% of the added value. Then It will be ok. Yes! I did experience this before. We had a full function game but no more funds.

Check out our bad ass armory inventory modify module.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Are you looking for it to actually change your stats? Because it won't as far as I can remember/tell. They should only add to combat stats for example. If you look at "Weapons" you should see Energy Cost, this should be how much of your yellow bar gets used when someone attacks.

If you wish to create your own you should use the combat_main_action (I believe that's what it is called) hook. I haven't really messed with that but you can do for example Snot Damage and add in the user array something like $user['Damage'] .= $user['Damage'] + $user['Snot Damage'];
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

The trouble I seem to be having is that the built in "stats" just aren't showing up when I add them. For example, we created a new item type called Sidekick. We added it as a slot type and object type. When I create an item of the type Sidekick and fill in 11 for it's damage it doesn't show up in the items stat properties in the Inventory window.

For example, If I look at the properties for this weapon I see it will add 25 damage
Capture1.JPG

but, if I look at the properties of the sidekick it shows nothing for damage even though in the object creation/editing screen it has 11.
Capture2.JPG
Is there something I'm missing? If I look at the tables in MySQL where and what can I look for to see why this object isn't showing it's damage?
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

...anyone? :roll:

Return to “General”