Promo Codes

General Chat, Comments
KyleMassacre

Promo Codes

Post by KyleMassacre »

I just submitted a new module to the market and it is my first time creating anything for NWE in quite a few months.
Excerpt from config.xml:
Allows for the creation of Promo Codes that can be passed around to forums or other sites as an incentive to get players to sign up by giving them money, items, etc after they register using the promo code. The promo codes can be set to be used a certain amount of times, unlimited, and they may also be set to expire using DATE format i.e: YYYY-MM-DD. This module also comes with an admin page that will show you the usage of a promo code selected to show which player signed up with that code and when they used it.
I made some screen shots which you can look at here:

Also a youtube video just kind of demonstrating what it does. The video is nothing fancy so be warned haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Y6MQfWdc0
EDIT:
If you get the module and look into the code.php file it will give you directions on how to create a link and maybe a future update will be link generation for the codes much like imgur does for the image links. Another thing I failed to mention is the fact that if you set the code_max_uses to anything less that "0" it will enable infinite uses. I tried to make it as versatile as I could with expiration, and uses. This way you can give some great limited time offers to new players to get them to join.
gmoore

Re: Promo Codes

Post by gmoore »

I approved it. Well and learned the approval system.

Modules By Kyle: http://nwe.funmayhem.com/index.php?c=modules&author=62
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

very cool module!
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Thank both of you guys. I added it as a paid module even though I would normally make something like this for free but hard times these days now that I have a car payment since I totaled my truck and had to buy a car lol
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Nothing wrong with making a little cash off your hard work.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I am updating this module and added some code links to copy/paste in various locations of your choosing. Currently it supports a direct link, HTML, BBCODE, and markdown. Also I added images that you can upload for the HTML and BBCODE links that are created but I am curious to see if there are other formats that people would like to have if they were to get this module or does that about sum it up?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Hmm I would think that would be enough, I imagine people emailing, posting on forums, and facebook. Maybe even twitter.

I am going to be purchasing some modules soon and this is definitely going to be one of them.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I pushed the update to 1.0.1 just now which is basically for the link generation:

In order for the images to work you must upload images following these steps for people that are not aware of how this works:
  1. Image
  2. Image
  3. Image
They go in sequential order aligning with your promo_code table. Be careful though, the image uploader doesn't recognize your id field in your table so if you skip one you may have to manually upload it with its current id number like #.jpg. If there isn't a image associated with it then it will just display the actual promo code as the text instead of an image much like the markdown example.

Return to “General”