Clan Crime

General Chat, Comments
KyleMassacre

Clan Crime

Post by KyleMassacre »

Name: Clan Crimes
Description: Allows Clan Masters to start a crime for fellow clan members to join in. You can set a minimum
amount of clan members that must join the crime in order for a chance a success. Module dependencies: Clans, Clan Donate, Clan Wars

Price: $5

Hello IR peoples,
I am here to kind of showcase a new module I just submitted which is called Clan Crimes.
This module allows clan masters to start and plan for a crime which their clan members must join in order to succeed. It works similar to the default crimes module where the clan has a success rate which the game owner creates when making the crime.

I would just like to add a disclaimer though and that is if you would like to create custom success rates using clan stats you must edit your common.php and add a global variable called $memberOf in the NWEval fucntion. It took me forever to realize that :oops:

Well let me get to the visuals now so you can kind of see the TLC that I put into this, I dont want to flood the forum with a ton of images so I will provide links because there are like 8 or 9:

First off here is what the Clan Crimes looks like for the Clan Master
http://imgur.com/vn3xeT3
As you can see it list the crimes that you are able to do based on the amount of members required and the amount of members you have. Also you can enable/disable crimes via the table editor by just switching it. Its pretty simple

Here is when you start the crime and it adds an event to your crimes home if you have my clan events module added
http://imgur.com/tRRoQot
It tells the members a crime has been started and will let them know how many more people are needed to make the crime happen, and also how much time they have to prepare. Also the same with this image:
http://imgur.com/Gp5KVG4

If a member hasnt joined up this is what it will look like:
http://imgur.com/sMEzf78
Dont really need to go into to much details here haha

Again, if you have my events module you will be notified of the outcome like these:
Success
Failure

That is pretty much it for the game players POV now I would just like to show and iterate what I have done for the the events themselves that the owner creates. Looking at these two images:
Failure Text
Success Text
You can see that I added in some placeholders defines by "[[column Name]]", what that does is that it will replace the placeholder with that column content in an attempt to make custom notifications. Like I said it is just the tables column name in between 2 open and closing brackets "[", "]".

Now the prepare time is in hours so just entering 1 is 1 hour or 24 is 24 hours/1day.

And last but not least, this does require some modules. Now I am not a complete D-Bag and I am not going to make you buy all my modules so the required modules are in fact FREE. The only required paid module is Clans, so if you have the free version you would have to have purchased the clans module from Alain. The only modules I require you to have of mine is my clan vault and clan wars. This is because the success items currently are Honor and Vault money.

That is all for now do if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free and express them and I will do my best to answer them.

Hope you enjoy

Entire Album Collection can be found HERE
SophieEV

Re: Clan Crime

Post by SophieEV »

Looking good :ugeek: do you have anything else in the works for clans?
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Currently No. For 1 no ideas have come to me and 2 class started so I need to focus on that.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I just thought I would add too about adding the $memberOf variable to the NWEval function and it's use. The reason I say memberOf is so that if you had some clan stats that you can use for example we will use a clan stat called "activity". You can put in the success rate column something like GetClanStat($memberOf,"Activity")/1000 or something like that. Since $memberOf is a var used all around the clans area it was the easiest to use to get a clans id. But without adding it as a global you would get an undefined variable error thrown in your face.

And yes it would have to be $memberOf because that is what I use in another file that triggers the crimes when time runs out. Another variable that would work as well is $userStats because that is initialized in the NWEval function but wouldn't work when the crime is ran unless you define the user's id in the pre_process file of this module.

Another thing about a custom success rate involving clan stats maybe is that it would be dynamic since I didn't store the success rate at the start of the crime itself. So as the clan progresses in that time period maybe the success rate gets higher or it gets lower. And maybe when I get time I can upgrade it to store the success rate if that's a feature people would be interested in since I actually just now thought of that?
KyleMassacre

Re: Clan Crime(quick update)

Post by KyleMassacre »

Module is available on the market as of 1 minute ago
njfrlng

Post by njfrlng »

Might be alot of work,

but it would be cool if players had a working stat that determined their crime success.

That way the better crime stat, the more likely you would succeed in the clan crime.

And if all the players participating in the clan crime have high crime stats, theyd be more likely to successfully pull it off!
VashNaroom

Post by VashNaroom »

installed today. already reworking it a bit to fit into my game. excellent mod as always from KyleMassacre.

Return to “General”