Quest system?

General Chat, Comments
Kesstryl

Quest system?

Post by Kesstryl »

Anyone up for writing a quest system, or integrating more features into the existing quest system? I'd like to be able to do chained quests in addition to repeatable quests. It's probably simple, all it would need are text fields for quest input, conditions for completing the quest, and a number system to chain them into order. NWE is a bit complex for my level of programming so I thought I'd toss the idea here. I basically want the option to make a series of quests that brings a player through a story leading to a boss fight. Maybe each chained quest could be tied to specific locations like cities to draw the player through the game world. I'm asking in the free forum because I think something like this would make this engine really stand out if it was available for everyone.
a_bertrand

Re: Quest system?

Post by a_bertrand »

You should already be able to do both if I remember right. For the chain you simply need to use the requirements before starting one. For the repeating an NPC should be able to start a quest at any time.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
VashNaroom

Post by VashNaroom »

The quest system works excellent. I have my quests set so you must complete certain events or quests to reveal new quests I typically have each quest line go in four parts where the last part is a boss battle and player ends up gaining an epic weapon or armor after defeating the boss. When making a quest line I use explorations, combat arenas, quests, NPCs and arena enemies. You are very welcome to come play at www.corruptedrealmz.com on the main site or on facebook. i prefer you use the main game site because i can chat easier there. Alain makes very easy to use engines. Sometimes it is just a matter of finding someone willing to help you get your flow going.
Tangled

Post by Tangled »

Ok I tried logging in to Corrupt Realms to try the quests and never got past selecting an avatar :shock: But I would love to learn how to make the quests like Kyle is suggesting
VashNaroom

Post by VashNaroom »

Not sure why you cannot get past choosing an avatar. Unless you somehow logged in as i was closing the game to work on it.
gedq

Post by gedq »

vash I'm getting server unavailable from www.corruptedrealmz.com ?

Return to “General”