2d world

General Chat, Comments
nimoke

2d world

Post by nimoke »

Hello

I have this engine, and i find it very usefull for many purposes. But i have one specific need that i would like to outsource: A 2d world that works like the world in the game "outwar.com". I like that the map and mobs are seperated, and that the map can be generated outsite the game with any tool you would like, and then imported.

I am ready to pay for a complete map feature with both a good looking front-end for the players, and a smooth easy backend tool to create the maps, mobs and quests (mobs and quests are in the game, maybe those can be integraded).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: 2d world

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I did not see one in the market so I am actually working on one right now for my own game. I will update shortly.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

It would maybe possible to re-use part of NEaB map system maybe. However the code there is pretty old and has issues with browser caching (browsers don't like to cache too many small images). However I don't have time myself to pick this work. Sorry.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
nimoke

Post by nimoke »

@ Halls: im very interested if it will be something close to what can be found on ow :) As said, im willing to pay for a working system :)

@ Bertrand: Ive looked over NEaB, but wouldnt the seperation of mobs and map be hard?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

As per PM

i have never played MobWar so not sure but it will be something like a old game I had

go to about the 2:00 minute mark

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWcfaRRV5dw[/youtubehd]
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Fricken cool Halls! Amazes me how sometimes something so simple can look so good.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Return to “General”