NWE still worth purchasing?

General Chat, Comments
BrisbaneGamer

NWE still worth purchasing?

Post by BrisbaneGamer »

Hey everyone,

Is NWE still worth purchasing, for someone who used MC Codes many years ago, and would like to create a game similar to Torn.com?

From what I have read on here, it is apparently far more secure than MC Codes, though is also no longer being actively developed?

I have limited coding knowledge (mainly HTML / CSS) and know my way around databases, planning on doing an advanced web design unit at university next semester, covering PHP, SQL etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated - wouldn't mind trying to make one myself eventually.

Cheers, Mark.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: NWE still worth purchasing?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

If you don't mind being on your own then yes except not at the price of $100. You may want to contact the owner directly and see if he will sell you a copy cheaper. $100 for a project not being supported or developed on is a bit steep.
BrisbaneGamer

Post by BrisbaneGamer »

Thanks for the response, I sent a message 5 days ago enquiring about the script, though haven't heard back.

Part of me in tempted to use the MC Codes V2 script that I purchased years ago, though I understand that this is probably not smart from a security point of view. NWE looks good, some of the functionality is a bit different though.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Talk to Kal about his PBBG engine. I will shoot him a message to come here.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Come on... Not even answering to a potential customer. I start to really feel sorry about having sold this engine. Giving it away as open source would have been a better choice. All my fault, sorry guys.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
KaL

Post by KaL »

Hey Brisbane.

Well I do have a KWM PBBG Engine that is almost done. It's more secure than MCCODE for sure! But not quite secure to NWE standard yet. Here is a list of the new features:

1) Drag panel: allow to upload images to design your front page with a simple upload and drag/drop
2) CSS Panel: allow to create CSS on the front page with css script and drag/drop. You can do fast CSS vector drawing!
3) Admin Panel: this is where all the admin module are located.
4) Module Creator: create modules with a click of a button. No more doing it manually.
5) Ajax Timer: This function will display the time count down in real time.
6) Mailbox: simple mailbox
7) Jail module: send player to jail
8) Hospital module: send player to hospital.

Beside all of that the engine have all the essential modules.
Check out the demo: http://pbbg.nowhereelse.x10.mx/

Go ahead upload any picture or CSS and refresh your page. You'll see it will be in the same position, if not readjust it
with the input value field. It's better to refresh the page
with the submit button because using the browser refresh button will consider a double submit.

The only things it's missing is:

1)Location module
2)Combat module
3)Wiki Documents of the Engine.

Which I'll be working on at the moment.

Please be advise this demo is still in its alpha stage. I'll upload the latest version soon.
Please check out KWM forum section for all the updates in Indie Resource.
Last edited by KaL on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Here is a picture of the front page design with no coding
KaL

Post by KaL »

Here's another one
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

a_bertrand wrote:Come on... Not even answering to a potential customer. I start to really feel sorry about having sold this engine. Giving it away as open source would have been a better choice. All my fault, sorry guys.
Not your fault. I remember when he first bought it he was so excited about it. Seemed legit. Now all of a sudden he doesn't care. No one could predict that.
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:
a_bertrand wrote:Come on... Not even answering to a potential customer. I start to really feel sorry about having sold this engine. Giving it away as open source would have been a better choice. All my fault, sorry guys.
Not your fault. I remember when he first bought it he was so excited about it. Seemed legit. Now all of a sudden he doesn't care. No one could predict that.
Yeah at first it seemed like a great deal, finally someone would update the engine and keep it going. I started feeling wary when he began to implement all this legal stuff though. I just tend to feel suspicious when there's a ton of licenses and legal notices over a product, and now it feels like he's phasing out the old version of the engine for a new version which all of us who already have a license for are going to have to pay for again to have the new version with no support for the old version. It's wrong. For some people a hundred bucks is a lot of money, and I'm not going to shell out whatever he will be asking for to update my paid for license so I can keep using whatever version he will be fully supporting.

There's no way you could have known it would go this way. Not your fault.

Return to “General”