NWE Community

General Chat, Comments
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

NWE Community

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

So while we mourn the loss of NWE I am wondering if there is not a loop hole for us. In the version before Greg, the version I bought and agreed to the EULA is completely different. We can in fact host the game as much as we want. What if we host the game for other players/developers, we cannot share the source but CAN still share modules and allow others to make games without purchasing a new engine. We simply install the engine for the players and give them admin access to the game. No access to the files.
Charge just enough to host the server, $3-$5 a month.

Just a thought.
a_bertrand

Re: NWE Community

Post by a_bertrand »

Well while the idea is good, it somehow limits the person which rents it as he/she cannot actually modify the game code. So it remains just as a customize via interface. Also, keep in mind an admin account do have way too much server access for a safe simple host.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Hmm your probably right, plus I really dont have time to set it all up :P Just trying to help the community as I get a lot of requests about NWE and it sucks that I can't help them much.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Well, the community can jump on KWM PBBG. All I need now is a jail, hospital, and location module. The code is very similar to Nwe. Alain use almost the same function for it. Coming soon...

Return to “General”