World Boss or Raids module?

General Chat, Comments
cbsarge

World Boss or Raids module?

Post by cbsarge »

Hello everyone!

Not sure how much traction or action this will get since everyone seems to have moved on but, I was thinking a neat idea for a module would be a World Boss. This would be when everyone all attacks multiple times and damage is tracked (or some other form of score) and when the boss is defeated the highest contributors win prizes. It could have a timer so that if not enough damage was done the boss would win.

Not exactly sure how to do it but, nobody may read this anyways so...... :lol:
KaL

Re: World Boss or Raids module?

Post by KaL »

Sound like a flood of page refresh. LOL this have to be done with JavaScript. The raid would be better.

For example: raid of fools

1) raid open for clan
2) max 5 player per raid
3) raid will take 1 hour to finish
4) to complete the raid will be determined by the total
number of attack of each player and healing potion.
5) after raid is completed rewards will be given to leader of the raid that created the group.
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

A game I played in the past had this type of event and it was very popular! Everyone competing for the top spots and even some who would enter the event and then attack the other players to try to effect the outcome! If it was possible to replicate this in NWE in a way that didn't overwhelm the server I think it would be a hit!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

thats a really cool idea. I would use ajax for the battle and tracking that way there is no refreshes needed.
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:thats a really cool idea. I would use ajax for the battle and tracking that way there is no refreshes needed.
Let me know when it's done and I'll install it! :lol:
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

In reality with this engine you probably don't need that much work. It's been a while since I worked in NWE but here's a place to start:
You can create a module that kind of acts like a room where people get together and "plan the raid" per se`, store them in the database and when every is ready you can look through all players and run the function to start a npc combat.

You would create a NPC with crazy HP and the players would then just hit him like crazy.
KaL

Post by KaL »

I think you should create that module, Kyle! Wait ain't this module similar to your event module?
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

KaL wrote:I think you should create that module, Kyle! Wait ain't this module similar to your event module?
No, I quit. And no, it's not that similar
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

You guys are still developing NWE after ll this time of dormancy?
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

GameMaster wrote:You guys are still developing NWE after ll this time of dormancy?
The engine is still quite usable but I no longer support it and stuff like that. There is nothing stopping people from making their own modules

Return to “General”