Gmoore

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

Gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Hey guys. So a status report.

I won't blow flowers and candy. I'll tell you how things are.

Things have really changed for the better for me and my family. I've been able to throw off a stagnant, go no where job and really dive into a great opportunity. A life changing opportunity. So my last 3 months have been 110% consumed getting this business up and running, staffed and work started. To be successful I had to put anything and everything aside to meet my objectives. Family, friends, projects. My primary customer is the biggest grossing hospital in the United States. So that's where I've been. Please at some level, be happy for me and my family (and the 2 kids I can now pay to go to college which lets me sleep at night).

When I purchased this engine last year, this was my break. Or potential break. I did put my heart and soul into it. I still have my heart in it. This opportunity just had to be put on hold. So fortunately in some respects and unfortunate in others, I get more gross revenue in a day than the engine has made in its lifetime.

So where do we go? I am torn but sympathetic. To me, this engine is more than just a game engine. I have 27 projects and/or prototypes based on this engine. So just selling it causes future licensing problems for me. I have plans to hire a PHP programmer full time within the next 60 days just to work on it. Not necessarily NWE as it is, but the iOS prototype, Android blogging engine and all of the others with a core of the NWE engine. Unfortunately, let the engine 'just go' isn't an option. My companies future is too embedded in it. Maybe something can be worked out?

So I don't really know where to go with this. I can just stop selling the engine. I certainly can commit to code reviews of modules or just stop uploading them. Either way, until I can pay someone to manage the project for me, my time will be in short supply. But I want to do what is good yet workable.

NWE and its' cousins are my future still, just taking a temporary back seat to the now.

Let me know what you think.
Greg

PS. My Dell laptop died, which got me out of my daily schedule of messages. I am now on a MacBook Pro (learning curve). Three of my guys are now using Xamarin for multi-platform development.
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KyleMassacre

Re: Gmoore

Post by KyleMassacre »

let me start off by congratulating you, and I can completely understand after reading why you would be MIA, AWOL, some other acronym of choice.

The biggest concern is just that fact that there was no heads up about anything. I don't believe anyone would have asked for a detailed reason (since your personal life is none of our business) but a little something would have sufficed. I just have people coming to me for whatever reason that may be and I believe Gene (halls) has also had people come to him about your activity. One person in particular has been having issue with their Market Place account and can't log in at all and he is not getting a password reset email.

I understand NWE is not at its full potential right now in terms of daily/weekly/monthly/yearly revenue but there are people here or out in the world that still use it, and I still develop for it from time to time. Also I don't think just stopping dead in the tracks would be that great either.

My whole thing is that I don't know if I should stay or if I should go. I love this engine and want to see it prosper in so many ways, but if it's not going to be supported, why waste my time? If you wanted, I can even do some module reviews to help out. I know the engine pretty well and know what the code should look like and I wouldn't even charge for my time.

I am sure there is some common ground that we as a community can stand on along with you on this and make something work for all of us.
KaL

Post by KaL »

I also would like to congratulate to you and your family but back to the concern about NWE.

Here are the problems listed:

-installation on errors for invalid license
-NWE.funmayhem.com is not updated: error on Manual Documents core page.
-Price is still $100. (New comer Blocker)
-not allow to advertise or promote (example: Kickstarter to get a bigger community)

My biggest problem the price is still $100. The price rate should be adjusted down seasonally. This will
Allow a constant flow of new user into the community.

Thanks for responding
-KaL
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks for the reply Greg.

If you have all these prototypes based on the engine then it is more imperative than ever to not let the engine die. Trust me when I say if you continue to let it have issues and not respond it WILL die. It only takes getting a bad name on a few sights and no mater what you build off of it it will never do anything. This engine is drowning and we are here to help throw a preserver in for it. We want to help. However if you do not want to save the engine then what is the point of anyone else trying? If this is nothing but a capitol venture for you then the whole thing is dead before it even starts. IMO you need to scrap these 27 other ideas and focus on one. The main one. Do not think all this is negative. This is the community reaching out to help. If you ignore it or think you know better then shame on you, embrace it.

Just my 2 cents.
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

***peeks to see if anything is happening in here***
:D

***Leaves when he sees nothing new***
:(
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Which is sad because now I must wonder if the community that is supporting this engine is being taken seriously. We have all tried to help, all tried get things going but no one answers. Do we give up and move on or hope someone will care and see what a great community is backing them?
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Well maybe this is my calling to get out of the game industry on move on to more of a utility type area since I love making and working with APIs which maybe I will post on in another area for anyone here that uses Slack (and hopefully Gitter in the future).
cbsarge

Post by cbsarge »

I was enthusiastic right out of the gate! My enthusiasm was rewarded with great support from a great community. It saddens me to see it seeming to whither and die. :cry:
KaL

Post by KaL »

Well I don't want it to die. So I'm just going to make a video trailer on it and do some tutorials on YouTube. I'll be marketing modules on my site instead. Currently I've been making a troops and war modules. I'll release a few screenshots pretty soon.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Sorry for my silence here, been in Jamaica for the last seven days.

I agree I do not want it to die and I do believe GMoore has the best intentions but most likely very busy. I get it as I have done close to the same with my video tutorials. To say he has failed us or anything like that would be me throwing stones at a glass house. I had lots of time without internet sitting on a beach with a Pina Coloda to do some thinking. :)

I have talked of building my own engine but to be honest it would be nothing like NWE. NWE is a great engine but it is aged and needs some updates in some major areas. That said it does not mean it could be updated. Just needs to be done.

Return to “General”