Where is this going?

General Chat, Comments

What do you think?

Total votes: 0

KyleMassacre

Where is this going?

Post by KyleMassacre »

I have been a long supporter of NWE (since V 1.0.0) for the most part since around 2013. But due to the lack of support from the owner I don't think I can continue on.

I understand being busy and all but it has been 1 week since I have submitted a couple of modules to the market and nothing has been done. I have had people come to me with the question of what is going on? One person in general is waiting for a response about his account because he lost his password and cant log in and the password reset form doesn't work. This person I am speaking of is even waiting for my modules to be approved in order to get them.

I will not release a module outside of the market place due to the fact that I dont want to hunt down every single person that has my module and email them an updated version every time. This engine makes it difficult to create some sort of 3rd party market place since there is no form of API that I am aware of to perform checks to make sure that there isnt a module created by someone thats a 3rd party so people can create a module, submit it to a 3rd party place as their own.

So my question is, where is this engine going? I don't know of an easy way to say this and want to put this as politely as I possibly can but, Greg, I think its time that you either sell and move on, or get with the program here.

If nothing changes, I will take all my modules off the market for download for good and request others to do the same. Now I have 19 modules on the market +3 waiting to be approved which makes 22 total which is about 12% of all the modules which there is 178 including my 3 not approved.
Now, 39 modules are included in the free version which ups me to 15%, and in the paid version my modules total to 35%. It may not seem like much but let me put it into perspective. I hold the most modules created other than Alain. For those who dont know, Alain was the creator of NWE.

Bottom line, I will no longer support the engine under the current regime unless either it is sold or I see a change.

As of now, All my modules are not available for download and will only return when I see fit (if ever). I will have to admit, I am not very happy with the way things are going.

Also, I added a poll to let the engine owners and developers to have a voice in this too

KyleMassacre

Re: Where is this going?

Post by KyleMassacre »

I would also like to add that Greg hasn't been on in quite some time:
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Yeah, I was wondering where he got to. From someone who was coming so.....interested, enthusiastic etc it's all gone down here.

Hope he comes back soon - a lot of potential with NWE.
KaL

Post by KaL »

My modules will be offline too from now on.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry this went so bad. I actually sold NWE with the hope to have somebody picking it and continue the work on it, Greg did had some good ideas and projects but I know how all that can cost time with some times little to no money entries.

I hope a solution can be found and I'm sure Greg is willing to do something about it.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

a_bertrand wrote:Hi,

First of all I'm sorry this went so bad. I actually sold NWE with the hope to have somebody picking it and continue the work on it, Greg did had some good ideas and projects but I know how all that can cost time with some times little to no money entries.

I hope a solution can be found and I'm sure Greg is willing to do something about it.
I understand Bert. I know you and know how you are. I want to be clear that I don't have anything against Greg but I just think that this is turning into too much for him to handle because he is a busy guy as well.

But I think I have possibly found a small solution to possibly get this going a little bit for the community. I plan on trying to release my own Market Place for 3rd party developers to upload their mods.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I spoke with Greg not too long about all this and he mentioned having issues with his laptop as well as working long hours. He also mentioned he lost his password here so I am emailing him a new one.

I offered to buy the engine or to see if we could work something out for my own licensed version but we never really worked anything out.

I will get Greg his password so he can respond as he mentioned to me he had an announcement to make.
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Hey,

Can't really comment on his laptop or the long working hours but in regards to his password:

ImageNot to be a troll.. But there is I forgotten my password button right underneath where you login.

NWE needs a dedicated team, because it has so much potential, it's just currently sitting there with not many people using it.
KaL

Post by KaL »

I agreed! NWE has a lot of potential that's why we need to market it more. The Kickstarter that Halls recommend was one of the best way to get more client into the community but all I hear is plans but no action.We need more people in here!!! Ugh!
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

The engine had a lot of buzz around it well A-B was developing, and even after that. The problem is not many really picked it up, and so it's far from being something that can be left alone for a short while and stay alive. Kyle pointed this out by just how big of a market share he alone holds in 3rd party modules. Even more so because the market is currently closed off by each module having to be checked. This isn't inherently bad, but does put a lot of pressure on whoever it is in charge.

A simple short term solution would be to form a partnership with someone willing and able to check marketplace modules. Also pushing the engine out there a little via social media wouldn't be a bad thing. Anyone looking to find an engine like this will still find mccodes first through search engines despite the engine itself being all but abandoned. None of it has to be paid ads, but developing a dedicated community around the engine will help it survive when greg is busy with work.
KaL wrote:I agreed! NWE has a lot of potential that's why we need to market it more. The Kickstarter that Halls recommend was one of the best way to get more client into the community but all I hear is plans but no action.We need more people in here!!! Ugh!
Kickstarter for what?

Return to “General”