Re: Redirect Website

Postby addseo1115 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Glad to see many suggestions here.
Thanks for the welcome. I am a newbie.
addseo1115

Postby gmoore » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Welcome!
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
gmoore

Postby Kesstryl » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 pm

KaL wrote:You might want to try a different server software:

Mamp
Xamp

It would be nice if I didn't have to. There are nice features about WAMP that are not as intuitive in XAMP. Is anyone here using the 64 bit WAMP and getting it to work? I'm using 32 bit on a 64 bit machine mainly because the 64 bit wamp is still beta.
Play my open beta text based RPG Dragon Lord at http://dragonlordrpg.com
Kesstryl

Postby KyleMassacre » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Try creating a database first and uploading the SQL file. Then put in the credentials to the new database and click upgrade instead of a fresh instal
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby Kesstryl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:43 pm

KyleMassacre wrote:Try creating a database first and uploading the SQL file. Then put in the credentials to the new database and click upgrade instead of a fresh instal

I did all of these things (to the best of my knowledge, I'm assuming the core SQL file is the one with the tables in it). I get nothing with an option to upgrade, all I get is the license is invalid page with no buttons or options to upgrade, reinstall, etc. This is very frustrating. I've been waiting for a fix for a month now. If this engine no longer works with WAMP, I'm going to look at other options instead of using this engine. I don't have the old copy anymore because I thought the new version would work, but it does not. I even downloaded the free demo version thinking if I could just get it to install and then put in my license key, but even that doesn't work, it just takes me right to the invalid license page.

I did run the depack.php installer and that also does not work. However I can enter my license key into that. Is there some way to pull up that page or something similar instead of auto directing to the invalid key page and destroying any chance of installing? I mean even the free demo isn't working now. This has to be looked into or you will lose a large part of your market because WAMP is used by a lot of people, and frustrated users will not bother with this if it doesn't work on their servers.
Kesstryl

Postby KyleMassacre » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Do you have a file called installer.marker in your install directory?
You can use this as a little guide with it:
http://youtu.be/iA79yMK_e1Q

It doesn't go through how to create the database but this is assuming you have a database with a user and tables created
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby Kesstryl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:03 pm

KyleMassacre wrote:Do you have a file called installer.marker in your install directory?
You can use this as a little guide with it:
http://youtu.be/iA79yMK_e1Q

It doesn't go through how to create the database but this is assuming you have a database with a user and tables created

That was actually the most helpful thing I've seen yet! Thanks for the video, however I do seem to have the installer.marker file already there in the install folder and I'm still having the license invalid page issue.
Kesstryl

Postby gmoore » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Remember to make sure the install/license.php has your licenses key in it. Also, make sure you are pointing to nwe.funmayhem.com instead of nw-engine.com. It makes a difference for now.
Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
gmoore

Postby Kesstryl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:07 pm

gmoore wrote:Remember to make sure the install/license.php has your licenses key in it. Also, make sure you are pointing to nwe.funmayhem.com instead of nw-engine.com. It makes a difference for now.
Greg

I downloaded 1.1.9 so it is definitely pointing to nwe.funmayhem.co, and I have stated before that I have put my license key into the designated spot in install/license.php. There is nothing listed here I have not already tried. I'm looking for someone to dig into the problem and find out if the WAMP problem can be fixed. Yes there are other servers out there, but a lot of people use WAMP and it is in the interest of reaching the widest audience possible to get this to work with WAMP. People with more than one project going on are not going to want to just swap servers to use your product. This problem did not happen before the update to the new servers. It was working fine before all these changes. I still wish I had an old copy to work off of so I could just happily keep developing. Can Alain be contacted to see if he can help with this?

EDIT - Ok something that I did try was I commented out the return in the license check function and it's allowing me to install.

EDIT - nope that didn't really work, now I'm getting these errors during creation of Admin:
Code: Select all
Warning: mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\wamp\www\new_worlds\libs\db.php on line 461
Call Stack
#   Time   Memory   Function   Location
1   0.0020   215000   {main}( )   ..\index.php:0
2   0.0330   710872   include( 'C:\wamp\www\new_worlds\install\installer.php' )   ..\index.php:39
3   0.0370   842096   InstallStep( )   ..\installer.php:254
4   0.0410   846552   Database->Execute( )   ..\installer.php:875
5   0.0410   847232   Resultset->Prepare( )   ..\db.php:162
6   0.0410   847264   prepare ( )   ..\db.php:461

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ReflectionException' with message 'Trying to invoke non static method mysqli_stmt::bind_param() without an object' in C:\wamp\www\new_worlds\libs\db.php on line 482
( ! ) ReflectionException: Trying to invoke non static method mysqli_stmt::bind_param() without an object in C:\wamp\www\new_worlds\libs\db.php on line 482
Call Stack
#   Time   Memory   Function   Location
1   0.0020   215000   {main}( )   ..\index.php:0
2   0.0330   710872   include( 'C:\wamp\www\new_worlds\install\installer.php' )   ..\index.php:39
3   0.0370   842096   InstallStep( )   ..\installer.php:254
4   0.0410   846552   Database->Execute( )   ..\installer.php:875
5   0.0780   847976   Resultset->Bind( )   ..\db.php:189
6   0.0780   848768   invokeArgs ( )   ..\db.php:482
Kesstryl

PreviousNext

Return to General