Player Shops

General Chat, Comments
KyleMassacre

Player Shops

Post by KyleMassacre »

Well howdy IR people. It has been a while since I have been around but have not forgotten you guys. I went away because of my schooling since I was falling a bit behind and wanted to kind of catch up since I get to work at my own pace ;) .

But to get this on topic:
I wanted to make a new module for NWE creatively named "Player Shops". I know NWE has a barter system and it is a little bit similar but with some differences in it as well. Basically here is a run down of what I plan to do and I haven't written down any notes so I guess I'll do it here:
  • Players purchase a shop
  • Players sell their items in their shop
Amazing concept right? Well here is where it gets a bit different. I wanted to make it somewhat customizable and do something that "I" haven't seen in a game before and that is to make it open/close at certain times for example:
  • Always
  • Weekdays
  • Weekends
  • Single Day
I figure that this way an administrator can kind of theme it with their game because maybe they have a medieval game and want to make like a market place that you see in movies or whatever have you and those are only open on weekends, and etc (you guys get the hint).

So what do you guys think? Questions, comments, concerns, Ideas?

This is still kind of in my think tank so nothing is finalized on how I want to handle things but I could use some ideas from interested parties
Last edited by KyleMassacre on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SophieEV

Re: Its been a while (New mod in the works)

Post by SophieEV »

Hey,

Just thought id share a few ideas :)

Perhaps limit a shop to only be able to sell items of one or two types, e.g armour and weapons, because you wouldnt really buy food from the same shop you bought weapons.

In the games ive played ive never seen a bidding system, perhaps allow a shop to post one rare item per week into an auction style system.

Maybe allow players to make an offer / propose a trade for items.

In my experience theres always idiots who like to put things in market places for stupid amounts of money that will never sell, or for the chance someone accidently clicks it, so it would be good to be able to set a maximum time things can be in a shop for before being returned to the players inventory.

Allow the shop owner to be able to set a % discount to their fellow clan members.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Those are pretty decent ideas. My whole thing is I don't want things to be limited at all but fully customizable to the game owner. Some of your ideas would probably be better off for an auction system and not a players shop. I can look into possible setting a discount for clan member though which shouldn't be too hard at all and that's an idea I actually kind of like but didn't think about.

Thanks for your ideas and keep em coming
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

This is just an update. I decided to start this back up but basically started from scratch. It will for the most part have all the same functionality as I have already stated but this module will be expandable with hooks and such. There are a few things I need to try and figure out to take account of like items health and make them stackable the best that I can. Also I am trying to think of a GUI to display the shops but I may just make a couple files and just set it up to include the one the person wants. I am looking into a toplist style and a tiled style
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Glad to hear. I second the idea of making shops only selling one type of item. As in Weapon shop, armor shop, materials shop, ect...
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I guess that can be something to look into, it would stop a monopoly lol. I haven't actually dug Sep into the objects and stuff so I need to look up all the small details with it
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Maybe based on location modifiers as to what is allowed to be transacted.
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

There is a Object_Type column that already splits them out by type that may come in handy.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

I just thought of a bigger addon:
It just dawned on me after talking to halls yesterday and sending him a rough draft of the system, I can make it like a "shopping strip" or "mini mall" for lack of better terms. Where a person can purchase a "lot" which I figure would be a substantial amount of !Currency (probably based on lot size) for example someone buys a lot of 4 units, 1 unit holds one shop and they can expand by buying more units to add more shops. The lot owner would be just that, a lot owner and other members can request to open a shop on their lot and the lot owner gets a cut of the sales like 1,2,3,4,5% or whatever. The shops will be able to upgrade to hold more items which the game owner decides how much to start them up with and the shop owner can just upgrade when they need to.

If done this way I can see how having a shop only sell one item type would work out great and can balance the types of shops they have in their lot.

Also I wanted to mention that the game owner will control the price of everything and on top of that they can set it to allow for a static price for shops and set it to be dynamic based on the amount of shops
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yeah I really like that idea!

Return to “General”