Another Blender House

Post by Epiales »

Not the best, but tried working with grass lol. At least it's homemade :D

Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
a_bertrand

Re: Another Blender House

Post by a_bertrand »

Grass will be the most challenging part for sure. I don't know if you will easily manage to make it look good unless you use an image for it where you render the image over.

For your house, the shape starts to be interesting. Depending on if you want to go realistic with your render then you need to invest more time on the textures and lighting but beside that it's not bad at all. Keep the good work.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

a_bertrand wrote:Grass will be the most challenging part for sure. I don't know if you will easily manage to make it look good unless you use an image for it where you render the image over.

For your house, the shape starts to be interesting. Depending on if you want to go realistic with your render then you need to invest more time on the textures and lighting but beside that it's not bad at all. Keep the good work.
Thanks! Yeah, I found the grass to be extremely difficult. The one difference in this home is the light post outside. I haven't used one before, so I implemented that into this house. I"m learning little tidbits here and there. That's the main difference in this one and the others I've done. It's mainly been outside lighting with no sun and such. I'm tempted to do a night time scene :shock: :shock: :shock: But the light post outside, I think, looks good with the way the lighting is done with it... I think anyway. Could be much better too, but that's the joy of learning :) YAY

MikuzA

Post by MikuzA »

wow, make a guide on this? or another house?

I would be interested in playing around and creating one but I'm too busy to learn by 'myself'. I need to get kickstarted by a guide :D
And as you said in earlier threads that the guides in Blender that can be found in the internets / their pages are outdated, older version of blender :oops:
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

MikuzA wrote:wow, make a guide on this? or another house?

I would be interested in playing around and creating one but I'm too busy to learn by 'myself'. I need to get kickstarted by a guide :D
And as you said in earlier threads that the guides in Blender that can be found in the internets / their pages are outdated, older version of blender :oops:
what exactly would you like to see? The free version of Bandicam lets me do 10 minute recordings :) I can do part one's and part two's, ect... But what would you like to see?

MikuzA

Post by MikuzA »

Epiales wrote: what exactly would you like to see? The free version of Bandicam lets me do 10 minute recordings :) I can do part one's and part two's, ect... But what would you like to see?
How long does it take for you at this point to create a house like that?
I'm mostly interested to see how the following happens>>

1. How to start and what should be kept in mind when building a structure in blender.
2. How to make a frontdoor, stairs and doorway.
3. How to make a neat window.
4. How to make some decorative stuff like an arch, as an example what could be done.
5. Add lights, how to adjust the lighting.
6. Play with camera.
7. Render

For example, make a guide for an complete noob in blender, keep that in mind. Then it's the most useful since anyone 'should' be able to open up the guide and 'just do it'.

:)
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

I have two new short videos up YAY...

Thought I would redo some lighting for expermentation! :)

Return to “Art Showoff”