Messing with ISOGEN

All things HTML5 or text based engines, or really any web based engines.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Messing with ISOGEN

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Started messing with Isogenic Engine again. Got a multiplayer game up but man it is just so complicated to get anything done. I LOVE the engine but there is so much that needs to documented

Script47

Re: Messing with ISOGEN

Post by Script47 »

This looks really awesome dude. Where did you get the textures/art?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

bought them from RPG Maker site. I am actually taking the browser quest code and altering it to be more persistance RPG and adding some features along with new graphics. jsut got server up and going. Now testing adding a few new features. Already got database in place to remove that local storage crap.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I honestly knew I was in over my head with Iso. I felt bad I wasn't able to help answer any question in this section, but at that time in particular I just didn't have the spare time to learn it. Iso is definitely not a small, thrown-together engine. Rather, its internals reminded me more of a commercial MMORPG server that had gone open source: Extremely powerful, extremely flexible, but very hard to get started with.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

I do plan on using this again. Any tutorials planned Halls?
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I am actually writing my own multiplayer RPG engine from scratch. If there is enough interest I could use something free like melonjs or something instead of Impactjs so I can release it or even sell it.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I am actually writing my own multiplayer RPG engine from scratch. If there is enough interest I could use something free like melonjs or something instead of Impactjs so I can release it or even sell it.
Both Phaser and KiwiJS have the most impressive feature lists of the common, open source HTML5 game engines (they are both even more feature-rich than Impact, which has fallen behind over the last couple of years). But there is a pretty big problem, at least in my opinion: neither is really OOP out-of-the-box. There is a community-created tutorial buried pretty deep on how to work in an OOP way with Phaser, although an experienced JS dev could probably figure it out on their own. A side-effect of this, however, is that there is no built-in support in either engine for code separation. Everything is in one file. That is pretty bad compared to ImpactJS which has quite a good system of module separation.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

thanks for those. I started using Impact and might stick with it but having a h$ll of a time getting pathfinding working.

Return to “HTML5/Web Engines”