node js and online component

All things HTML5 or text based engines, or really any web based engines.
dnasello

node js and online component

Post by dnasello »

Hey Rob, I did the tutorials on getting the network stream to work. I got it up and running (works on computer) I am using mongoose for my local webserver. However, it seems to not "connect" for devices over lan wlan. is there a reason why it shouldnt work? the webpage loads and i am guessing the ScreenGraph does because it gets past the loader. however node server on my computer wont register the connection??
robaldred

Re: node js and online component

Post by robaldred »

Please post your client connection code. I suspect you might not have set the connection URL correctly. For others on your Network to connect the client code must be configured as such instead of localhost you'll need to change it to local IP address or window.location.hostname
dnasello

Post by dnasello »

Sorry I posted that late last night. I can connect with another client (my ipad). however my iphone doesnt work and neither does chrome (locally). however firefox is fine. I clicked the debug tab at the bottom and it seems as if the Ige enge appears in thew list but the igescene 2d doesn't? yes i used my ip + port for the web server.. haha not a rookie at networks =)

as a matter of fact....

give it a whirl!

http://69.125.243.202:8080/zgame/

the red "ship" loads fine on both firefox and my ipad but not on chrome or iphone
coolbloke1324

Post by coolbloke1324 »

Hey, your link is off at the moment... can you switch it back on so I can test?

It is unusual that something works in another browser and not chrome... usually chrome will load properly and others will break so this is good news because it is much easier to debug issues in chrome than any other browser! :)

Let me know when your URL is back up and I'll give it a whirl...
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com
dnasello

Post by dnasello »

Rob.... i agree. Chrome is my go to browser. I hate FF. I am actually just more surprised that it doesn't load on the iphone. when I use the debug stats on the bottom it seems as though the IGE engine loads but not the screen graph or the "ship" entity. does work on FF and my ipad though. as far as the link, I apologize as my computer went to sleep it is up and running and I turned off sleeping....

Return to “HTML5/Web Engines”