Have you used "Boost your post" on FaceBook

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
Sim

Have you used "Boost your post" on FaceBook

Post by Sim »

I was looking at that yesterday when I posted something on my fanpage I have created for my project and there was thing "Boost your Post" or something. It seems quite cheap but is it effective?
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Jackolantern

Re: Have you used "Boost your post" on FaceBook

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't know. I have never spent a penny on anything I ever saw on Facebook, and any of those "recommended post" things get an automatic ignore from me. Maybe not everyone is as cynical as I am, but I would still question its effectiveness. Of course the idea is that you spend just a bit of money to make it show up for a few people, and then it grows organically. So basically, you are only spending some money to kick-start it. But you have to consider what you are "boosting" and whether it would have the potential to grow further organically. I just don't think an indie project would have the legs to do it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sim

Post by Sim »

Jackolantern wrote:I don't know. I have never spent a penny on anything I ever saw on Facebook, and any of those "recommended post" things get an automatic ignore from me. Maybe not everyone is as cynical as I am, but I would still question its effectiveness. Of course the idea is that you spend just a bit of money to make it show up for a few people, and then it grows organically. So basically, you are only spending some money to kick-start it. But you have to consider what you are "boosting" and whether it would have the potential to grow further organically. I just don't think an indie project would have the legs to do it.

For $1.00 I would get between $1,500 - 4,000 views it says and I get to choose my keywords AND my age group. It sounds like it may be worth a try. Put $5.00 in it for teenagers for keywords rpg maker when I am ready and see how it turns out. If I put $5.00 on google, I would get 20 clicks, (maybe)
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

It would be worth a try if there is no minimum purchase. I know a lot of advertiser networks do have minimums, but since FB's system likely doesn't involve any manual setup, it may not have one.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Yes. It does exactly as they say.

The better your fan base the more effective it is.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Facebook pages were full of marketers just a year back. Of course Facebook noticed that and then they killed the reach and started taking money for it instead...
Smart move by Facebook. They got rid of the majority of marketers. The reach is now based more on viral content, so if you wanna grow a fanbase on Facebook, you will need something viral. That's just how it is now a days. Normally your posts would end up with all of your fans. I have Facebook pages with 135.000 likes that only reaches 2.000 people a post. If you, however, made a status that got shared a ton of times and got incredible viral reach, then Facebook would allow you to reach more of your fans on your next post. If you made a low quality post, the reach would dive. So yeah, it is all about quality posts (virality), if you want to grow a page.

To answer your question. It CAN be a good idea to boost of a start, but it is incredible what it takes to make success on Facebook pages today. It is a dying market (page-wise). I would suggest you to get familiar with Pinterest instead. It is rapidly growing. Get settled on Pinterest before everyone else does.
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.
Sim

Post by Sim »

Thanks Losdivinos for your feedback.
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The thing about Pintrest is the demographics. Oddly enough, this varies a lot by country. In the USA, Pintrest is widely considered to be a women's site for crafts, recipe sharing, etc. And the stats seem to support that with 85%+ being female in the US, with the most popular categories being crafts and recipes. But in other countries it isn't so. In the UK for example, the site is only estimated to be 55% female (fairly close to the world female demographic of 52%). So at least in the US, I am not sure there would be a point in pumping a PBBG on Pinterest because it just doesn't fit with the rest of their content.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Yup, but rather be early than late. :)
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”