Messing with BrowserQuest

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Messing with BrowserQuest

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have been farting around with several HTML5 games/engines. Recently started playing with browser quest again and adding a few features and changing the graphics. It is a real pain as well. I would be better off starting from scratch. Just got to figure out how to truly balance the network and make a smooth click to move with pathfinding and I will be set.

vitinho444

Re: Messing with BrowserQuest

Post by vitinho444 »

Well Halls, you seem to be messing with a lot of engines :P Why not stick with one that you really like?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

As far as click-to-move in an online game, here is a great A* tutorial, and then maybe the strategy I devised for click-to-move could help get decent click-to-move if combined. My strategy still isn't perfect, as it doesn't allow the player to change their destination mid-move. Actually, I think the first one I posted actually would, but it would be a mess. The one I posted on the 2nd page prevents mid-animation moving to keep things simple.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

hmmm was trying to find some good pathfinding point to click scripts for Impactjs but do not see any. Odd. I have a point to click but not very good pathfinding.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:hmmm was trying to find some good pathfinding point to click scripts for Impactjs but do not see any. Odd. I have a point to click but not very good pathfinding.
A* should work pretty well with some tweaking. You may have to adjust the heuristics of it to change how efficiently players get to the target point. If it is too efficient, it can look kind of odd as they always shimmy along walls, etc. But I believe that tutorial goes over how to adjust it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”