Anybody good with photoshop?

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
MikeD

Anybody good with photoshop?

Post by MikeD »

I will finally be getting CS5 Extended back.. Need to redo everything on my site, does anybody know how, or know of a tutorial on how to create patterns similar to this..

Jackolantern

Re: Anybody good with photoshop?

Post by Jackolantern »

My wife is a whiz with Photoshop. I can ask her if you don't get any responses.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Jackolantern wrote:My wife is a whiz with Photoshop. I can ask her if you don't get any responses.
That would be great, I'll be messing around with it in the next few days as well to see if I can't figure it out. No luck so far though.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

She said to use the pattern tool in Photoshop, so that you can define what you want to make a pattern with, and draw it, paste something in from an existing image, or use one of the preset patterns. There is a checkerboard preset pattern in the defaults that you could likely tweek, or you could find what you want on Google images and import it to make your own preset and edit it further. Here are a couple of links she gave me:

How to create a custom pattern in Photoshop (short and sweet, with the basics)
Patterns Ultimate Guide (more info than you probably need to know, but this pretty much covers everything about patterns)

Between those 2 tutorials, that should have it covered :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Jackolantern wrote:She said to use the pattern tool in Photoshop, so that you can define what you want to make a pattern with, and draw it, paste something in from an existing image, or use one of the preset patterns. There is a checkerboard preset pattern in the defaults that you could likely tweek, or you could find what you want on Google images and import it to make your own preset and edit it further. Here are a couple of links she gave me:

How to create a custom pattern in Photoshop (short and sweet, with the basics)
Patterns Ultimate Guide (more info than you probably need to know, but this pretty much covers everything about patterns)

Between those 2 tutorials, that should have it covered :)
That is what I was looking for :). Thanks to both of you.

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”