ARC 3d and Mesh lab.

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
kyraneth

ARC 3d and Mesh lab.

Post by kyraneth »

Ok, here are my latest artsy softs finds:

First is mesh lab. It's some sort of 3d processing software, that can optimize your models in many aspects to make them efficient for your realtime use. It has poly reduction, displacement painting, automatic normals flipping etc... I suggest you check it out.

The second one, ARC 3d is more of a service than software. using their software, you upload several masked reference images to their server, which processes them and spits out a 3d model from the images an hour later :D That can be pretty useful to recreate some real inanimate object and make it move :)
Just FYI, the post is above, so stop looking down here and do something useful.

king noob. Nice.
Noctrine

Re: ARC 3d and Mesh lab.

Post by Noctrine »

Hmm, I really need to look into (or atleast have someone look into) how they accomplished this. ArpyG's terrain is in DIRE need of something like this.

All and all, nice find. Thanks ^^
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

kyraneth wrote:First is mesh lab. It's some sort of 3d processing software, that can optimize your models in many aspects to make them efficient for your realtime use. It has poly reduction, displacement painting, automatic normals flipping etc... I suggest you check it out.
This reminds me of Action 3D. It is a commercial application sold by The Game Creators for mesh poly reduction. It seems to work pretty well, too, as I know some people that use it. I wonder how it compares to the open-source Mesh Lab.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
kyraneth

Post by kyraneth »

Glad to be of help :) I have personally never used action 3d, and i would likee to see a comparaison from someone who used both.

king noob. Nice.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

They have a trial of Action 3D here. I would also be interested in a side-by-side of mesh lab and Action 3D.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
kyraneth

Post by kyraneth »

thank you for the link :)

king noob. Nice.

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”