from sketchup to Blitz3D

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
acer360

from sketchup to Blitz3D

Post by acer360 »

i started learning blitz3D programing and i have reached a problem
i have made i ton of 3D images with google sketchup (i know it's not ment for game graphics) and i need to use then in my code if anyone has or knows of a plugin for sketchup that exports from SKP files (sketchup file) to B3D files or a plugin for blitz that alows me to use SKP files in my code
thanks.
XBOX 4 EVER
Jackolantern

Re: from sketchup to Blitz3D

Post by Jackolantern »

It probably won't be that easy, since B3D files are fairly rare. You may need to go through a couple of different formats to get them into B3D. I know both Milkshape and Blender have a lot of format plugins, so maybe check both of those and try to trace a line between formats to get it to B3D. It may take some format shuffling. I know Milkshape supports B3D for sure, and also 3D Studio format, so if you can change Sketchup to 3DStudio Max, you can get it to B3D in there.

Or, I may be underestimating how widespread B3D plugins are now, and there may be a direct port in a program I am not familiar with.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
acer360

Post by acer360 »

thanks but i tried doing it with milkshape and blender and lots of other programs like delEd but skp files just don't taransfer if you got another program thats easy to use that would be awsome cuz i don't get along with dynamic programs like blender or just tell me where to download free b3d format graphics cuz i just want to get my game going i don't care about the graphics for now.
XBOX 4 EVER
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i use Milkshape to b3d Works great and very easy.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Unfortunately I am not a big 3D graphics person, and I really know nothing about Sketchup, so I don't know the specifics on how to get it done. Perhaps someone with a more specific plan of action could chime in.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
acer360

Post by acer360 »

thanks, it's nice to have a relaible forum for this kind of stuff
XBOX 4 EVER

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”