Blender 2.49 Released

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
Raven67854

Re: Blender 2.49 Released

Post by Raven67854 »

#Falken

Naaa :).
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Noctrine

Re: Blender 2.49 Released

Post by Noctrine »

Lol, more images less text.

I will say that initially, blender seems very daunting. Especially for people coming from a purely artistic background. (If you are one of those mostly artist types, there is a very nice modeling package called sketchup out there for you ;) ).

But I know that after learning blender, modeling in it has become a far more enjoyable experience than any package I have used thus far. Anyway, I haven't been purely artistic for awhile and the mostly text user interface isn't much of a problem for me.

That isn't to say I don't have problems. The first problem is because of the open source nature of Blender, the tutorials are all ancient. A tutorial of 2 versions ago can leave you a bit confused with all the new features that have been dropped into the UI. But hey, such is the cost of free.

The second problem is the hotkeys, but that's just the way that I work. Navigating through UIs (any UI) is just not my style. So if I go for sometime without using it I need to stop and re-figure out what all the hotkeys do or I can't do anything, but that's just me.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”