Blender 2.49 Released

The place to ask questions about 3DStudio Max, Blender, Pro Motion, open source items, libraries, ect..
Falken

Re: Blender 2.49 Released

Post by Falken »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:i can say from my experience it was incredibly uncomfortable. They was way too many things to get lost with and its not very easy to learn.
Exactly. And i don't say maya got a perfect interface, cause it doesn't, but it makes more sense. I used both blender and maya about the same amoun, which is not much, but I think I got an equal experience and I defintly find the blender ui totally messed up :)

But thats just my personal opinion.
--- Game Database ---
For all your game information needs!
Visit us at: http://www.gamedatabase.eu today!
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Hehe well that's ok I didn't mean it like you have to like it. I will agree at times when I was learning I was like OMG lol. But I understand it now and I am so totally waiting for 2.5. It will introduce tons of UI fixes which is gonna be so awesome. And the entire core of blender is being updated so it should be very interesting to see it when its fully done.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Falken

Post by Falken »

Raven67854 wrote:Hehe well that's ok I didn't mean it like you have to like it. I will agree at times when I was learning I was like OMG lol. But I understand it now and I am so totally waiting for 2.5. It will introduce tons of UI fixes which is gonna be so awesome. And the entire core of blender is being updated so it should be very interesting to see it when its fully done.
Something that would be cool would be a few different UI modes, like basic, advanced, animation and so on. Making it really easy to get started with and get your first model done, cause that is what makes people motivated to continue using the software.

One of my favourite parts of making software and webpages is the challenge of having a good looking but still easy interface. Cause when most people chooses software, especially non-proffessionals the desing often goes before function...just look at iPhone to give an obvious example, great design and userfriendly, but without many functions that comes with other phones in the same price segment.
--- Game Database ---
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

The Iphone is pretty good I would say till the android get apps probably the most featured Phone. Far as having the most features goes. But it already has different UI modes. I am releasing a blender UI tutorial in the near future its about an hour or so long. You should check it out it shows the other preset UI for animation, modeling, material, scripting.
Blender/XSI user
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Falken

Post by Falken »

Raven67854 wrote:The Iphone is pretty good I would say till the android get apps probably the most featured Phone. Far as having the most features goes.
well it atleast got a bit better, but getting copy & paste, bluetooth file transfers and so on should NOT take 2 years to fix...
My 2 latest phones have been Nokia smart phones, and are very pleased with them :)
Raven67854 wrote: But it already has different UI modes. I am releasing a blender UI tutorial in the near future its about an hour or so long. You should check it out it shows the other preset UI for animation, modeling, material, scripting.
Ok will do :D
--- Game Database ---
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

yes i too am anxious to see the tutorials. GET TO WORK! :)

Also that's a great idea Falken. Different UI setups.
Falken

Post by Falken »

Ok, so I got such a need for 3D models I decided, what the heck, I check out blender more in depth, on one condition, I don't need to read the noob-to-pro wall-of-text :P SO I googled some and found an amazing video tutorial: http://blenderunderground.com/video-tutorials/

Still a bit confusing it spent ~1 hour describing basic navigation and manipulation, but I must say now the UI seems a bit more...logical. Can definetly recommend those videos! So will see what I think of the rest now :D
--- Game Database ---
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

awesome thanks for the link. i am definitely going to check them out.
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

#Falken
Haha see :). You never truly knew blender. Blender is insanely awesome once figured out. If you need any help just letme know. I am always around and willing to help somebody with Blender.
Blender/XSI user

PC Specs:
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Falken

Post by Falken »

Raven67854 wrote:#Falken
Haha see :). You never truly knew blender. Blender is insanely awesome once figured out. If you need any help just letme know. I am always around and willing to help somebody with Blender.
Still think maya got a nicer interface...blender needs more images and less text :P

Ye you can help me with blender...model me some asteroids so I don't need to learn it ;)
--- Game Database ---

Return to “Programs/Assets/Libs/Open Source/Ect...”