Advantage of purchasing Impact?

All things HTML5 or text based engines, or really any web based engines.
srachit

Advantage of purchasing Impact?

Post by srachit »

I wanted to know if anyone could point out the advantage of purchasing Impact js over using an open source HTML5 engine?
There seems to be so many people using Impact js for their projects, but I do not see the advantage nor the point of spending 99$ on it.

Can someone please enlighten me :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Advantage of purchasing Impact?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

A big one is the easy implimentation of appmobi and impact. Impact comes with a map editor that is very easy to use. It comes with a obfuscator as well. I am just now getting into the free engines so not sure of all the differences.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Impact is a great engine. The only thing that irritates me about it is how much focus the author has been giving Ejecta, which is a tool to convert Impact games to iOS. It just seems unnecessary to me since AppMobi and others (like CocoonJS) already have advanced tools for mobile packaging which also include Android and other platforms.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
srachit

Post by srachit »

I was checking out melon js yesterday and when i checked the comparison table:
http://city41.github.com/breakouts/feat ... rison.html

I noticed that melon js does have a map editor like impact and it also has more features under animations!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Those effects are all pretty easy to implement yourself with a raw reference to the 2D context.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
srachit

Post by srachit »

For future readers of this thread, just know that, Impact ia freaking beaaautiful! It is the best engine I have worked with till now, it offers MUCH more than other engines and it really brings the Rapid in Rapid development. I'd recommend anyone to cash out the $99 if you can afford it, it will be worth it.

Return to “HTML5/Web Engines”