Suggestions

Place to find latest version of HallsNode plus ask questions and get answers.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Suggestions

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I need suggestions on what you are looking for in a multiplayer engine as such. What functions can I include that you would use? Most functions will have the ability to turn off an on as you see fit. Please post them here ASAP so I can release them in the next release.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions

currently I am adding in chat system with MUD style commands along with player location and creation functions. Need many more ideas.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Trading items between players
Player bank
Guild creation/chat

I'll keep thinking :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

sweet thanks!

Private messaging will be added as well.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

A room/zone feature would be good, too, and likely needs to be implemented early, as it usually ties in with many other features.

Good stuff so far! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Best thing I can think of is to design it in such a way that others can add modules as they want... so if I wanted to plug in an auction system, it would be easy. Or a crafting system, etc.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yes everything is in js files you just include. So you don't have to include stuff you do not need.

Working on the rooms now. Had it planned with the chat system . Pulling it out of my Chat Arena game I was working on. Took me a while to get it working.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

A way for players to make their own small dungeons in a game, instead of just playing premade content?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

While it would be cool, that seems awfully specific for a general purpose engine. Most people using the engine/framework will probably want all or nearly all pre-made content, except maybe player-made towns or items.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Hi Halls!
I am not sure if you already did this, but some kind of NoSQL database system for login/registration. It was something I always had problems with (NoSQL). It would help me in my learning, and I am sure some others as well.

Thanks!
Luke
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.

Return to “HallsNode”