Advanced PHP - MMO Framework

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Advanced PHP - MMO Framework

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am starting tutorials on a PHP MMO Framework. One anyone can grab and easily make a MMO. One using classes, and other OOP. It will be a mix of PHP, Javascript, MySQL, and maybe some Jquery and ajax.

I will start from the very beginning and build an entire framework from the ground up. Should be fun. This will different than the MMO tutorials as this will be a true framework of classes and libraries that make it easy to make your own game in your own way.
OldRod

Re: Advanced PHP - MMO Framework

Post by OldRod »

Sounds great!

I look forward to seeing it!
PKDemon

Post by PKDemon »

cant wait until the videos start rolling i will be watching them :mrgreen:
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:One using classes, and other OOP.
Maybe I am just tired and not reading this right, but was this a typo? Did you mean "one using functions, and other OOP"?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Well both are viable options, but using classes doesn`t necessarilly mean it`s ging to be OOP. It`s a logical assumption, but some frameworks are written procedural, function based, but still use some classes for email transport. It`s weird I know... I too believe he mentioned functional -> OO
dust1031

Post by dust1031 »

awesome. cant wait for the videos! you rock halls!
VZdemon

Post by VZdemon »

Xaleph wrote:using classes doesn`t necessarilly mean it`s ging to be OOP.
correction: using classes definitely means it's going to be Object Oriented, classes are the most OOP you can get and they are the base of Object Oriented Programing.
it's VZdaemon on xbox live
Chris

Post by Chris »

CSS makes use of class like structures aswell. Doesn't make it a programming language. It's a configuration. A program must perform some form of functionality before you can call it a program. Something a standard modeling class containing only static data doesn't do.

XML is object oriented, doesn't make it a programming language. It's a means of structuring data.

OOP makes use of classes to help organize the program functionality and help keep the programming style a bit stricter. That's pretty much all OOP is about.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Uhm yeah, what Chris said sounds about right. VZDemon, there`s a huge difference in strategies you can use. OOP means Object Oriented Programming right? So the second O which stands for Oriented, which is the keyword here. An object is created easily, however, object orientation is something totally different. There are several ways of implementing it, you have the famous MVC, or the MVP or the Singleton approach, Factory design, Strategy design and so on and so on.

In short, making objects is one thing, making it OO is a totally different one.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wow haven't even got started and the informative posts are flying! :)

Return to “Advanced MMO Framework”