Need help finding an Engine for my needs.

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
nimoke

Need help finding an Engine for my needs.

Post by nimoke »

Hello.

I am in the progress of making myself a an online text based rpg. I have been working with/for outwar.com before, and what i want is basicly that game with my own design, twists and ideas.

I have coding experience, but making a game from the buttom is to big a task with the time i have on my hands. So is there anyone out there that know a good engine that could help me get closer to something like outwar.com?

I already have the New-World Engine, but having a hard time to convert that, and most important of all: It dont have any "world" that you cant explore. I would like a map like that of outwar, where you move around, but the mobs are text beside it. So its not like pokomon where your avatar moves around.

I hope someone can help me, or maybe someone will help me make a working world for NW-engine (ill pay ofc).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Need help finding an Engine for my needs.

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

you could try to use Forsaken Sanctum, it has been ages since I looked at the code though

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0C50LlzsAs[/youtubehd]

http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=1826
Mardonis

Post by Mardonis »

Hello Halls,

Would it be possible to turn that youtube link into a viewable one on the page here like you have done for others? Reason being once again to non viewable sites by links, only viewable on page shown.

Tremendous Thanks,
Mardonis
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

done
Mardonis

Post by Mardonis »

Thank you once again.
nimoke

Post by nimoke »

Hello Hall

The concept is just what im looking for, although i want it to be alot smaller tiles, and with mobs insted of the "right menu". Is this a source code that can be found anywhere, and do you know if its efficient? as you say its old code :)

/Nimoke

Return to “2D engines”