XtremeWorlds

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
Bradyok

XtremeWorlds

Post by Bradyok »

I have resumed development on XtremeWorlds. I'm sure many of you have heard of it, it seems like only XW and Eclipse remain from the Mirage days. There is a lot of work to be done to get this fixed up but I really hope I can find some support for it here.

I really need some beta testers to help me test out new features. I just added a pretty big new feature last night with custom map attributes and it seems to work perfectly. Let me know if you are willing to help.

http://xtremeworlds.com or http://mmorpgmaker.org

Jackolantern

Re: XtremeWorlds

Post by Jackolantern »

Very cool! I am not sure I would be able to beta test, or how valuable I would be as a beta tester (I am not that familiar with any of the Mirage-based engines). I know XW is not open source, but is it still based in VB6, like the other ones are? Or was this rewritten into something else?

I have also wondered, would it ever be possible to alter the UI? Most of the Mirage-based engines have a window showing the game world with a large, opaque inventory and chat box, reflecting the way popular MMO UIs were when they were originally conceived. Would it ever be possible to create the UI using their graphical elements and transparencies, and expand the world view out to encompass most of the screen? I think that alone would really give it a nice, modern look and really distinguish it from the other Mirage-based engines.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Very good to see you back at it!
Bradyok

Post by Bradyok »

XW is still VB6. It was created using Mirage on the day mirage source was released in 2003. This was coded entirely by me with the help of one person that I hired to add a few features several years ago.

The engine supports changing the GUI but not changing it that dramatically. We are, however, completely redesigning the entire UI to match the current trend of games/engines.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Bradyok wrote: We are, however, completely redesigning the entire UI to match the current trend of games/engines.
Wow, very cool! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Bradyok

Post by Bradyok »

If anyone here can make a GUI, let me know. I'm giving $75 to the best GUI, $30 to second place, and $10 for good attempts at a GUI.
OoZI

Post by OoZI »

Bradyok wrote:If anyone here can make a GUI, let me know. I'm giving $75 to the best GUI, $30 to second place, and $10 for good attempts at a GUI.
Are you looking for a design/drawing, or a fully functional GUI?
-OoZI

My Blog

Return to “2D engines”