Pokemon Based MMO

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
RoyalMachine

Pokemon Based MMO

Post by RoyalMachine »

Hi guys i want to make pokemon based MMO with recruitment system,battle system,evolve system which Engien will be the easiset i tried with eclipse orgins but is hell very hard to make this tree systems if anyone have them can he please share them with me ^^
Jackolantern

Re: Pokemon Based MMO

Post by Jackolantern »

Eclipse and those in that family (Mirage, Xtreme Worlds) are the easiest 2D MMO engines by a long shot. There are not a whole lot of other options. However, like many engines, anything outside of a cookie-cutter MMO is probably going to have to be custom coded, possibly from the source code. If this is outside of your ability (and it is outside of a lot of people's ability since it uses the discontinued Visual Basic 6, which is no relation to the current VB, Visual Basic.NET), you could potentially look into either getting a source editor to join your team, or possibly even paying someone to make the edits for you. If you go for the latter, just make sure you choose a well-known, established member of their community to do it, make sure you see previous work they have done of roughly the same complexity or higher, and don't pay any more than 50% up-front. Best of luck with it! :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Build your own in HTML5 and javascript or Impactjs.

I know they are not easier but remember you are building a game. It is going to be tough. It is what you learn a long the way that counts and Eclipse is nothing special to learn. It is so outdated and over used that you most likely never get players now matter how good of a game.

If you want easy use Game maker or Beyond.
theweirdn8

Post by theweirdn8 »

I think Pokemon World Online was made via C#.

Return to “2D engines”