Need new 2D engine....

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
crzyone9584

Need new 2D engine....

Post by crzyone9584 »

I was working Eclipse Origins for about a year now. It was going good till i launched the beta of the game. I found out that I had to sit there and either go on team viewer or explain in detail a whole lot on how to get the game to work since its running dx7/vb6. Which many if not all new computers have a harder time to work with. Well on my hunt I found NetGore, for the second time. I'm having issues with that engine to. I was wondering if anyone could suggest something programmed in c++/c#/vb.net that is a decent 2d engine that has the basic rpg requirements in it along with fully supported networking?

I've been working on trying to get NetGore to work all day. I'll continue if I can't find different engine to use for my small ORPG.

Thanks for the help guys

(Please don't say use unity, genisis2d, or Xtreme worlds. I'm banned from genisis 2d, never liked xtremeworlds, and for unity I think its just overkill for a small fan made game.)
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
Str: 5 Agi: 17 Fort: 5 IQ: 5
HP: 10/10 MP: 5/5
See Full Character:
62896dude

Re: Need new 2D engine....

Post by 62896dude »

Why were you banned from genesis 2D? O_O
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

no clue. then again i haven't tried to log in since i was banned... might have something to do with getting in an argument with the creator on eclipse... I may of had one to many drinks at the bar that night...

EDIT: after a few months of not visisting genesis 2d seems like my account got deleted. then again the url seems to change so they may of re-did the entire site... either way its still a dx7/vb6 from what i can understand from what i read so far. I may be wrong though.
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wow my new best friend!!

I have been banned from all of those communities I think. Especially Genesis2d. The guy who owns that is withholding the source illegally. It is garbage software anyways. I have said it once and say it again, you will never make a game with any of the mirage realms source and be successful. Period.

People are played out on those games. The download and library files are not worth the simple graphics and mundane features. The admins and owners of the engines are power hungry wannabe demi gods for 14 year olds. They know little about game development or coding and think just because they know some lines to a outdated language like VB6 that they are uber. They suck and so do their engines.

Yes I just went on a rant but it drives me nuts on how they treat people. I have seen and heard the same thing over and over again on how they treat people and the nightmare called Eclipse. You can build the same thing right through your browser.
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

what is g2d based off?
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Mirage source. Same as Eclipse. He just changed the GUI so much you can't tell. I don't care what he or others tell you.
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

I new it was in vb6... I just wasn't sure if it was based off something.. So how is he able to make it closed source then? It clearly states in the mirage liscence its suppose to stay as an open source product...

Robin released a bunch of sources today....

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/i ... #msg794999
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

He is doing it illegally. He won't give out the source so you can't tell that it is just mirage source modified.

Interesting about Robin. Just confirmed what i have been saying all along. That is the worst community on the net. He should start over. Dump it all and start completely over.
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

He should but he stopped developing. The CrystalShire DE is the last engine he allowed ppl to get. Other than that I'm still stuck on netgore.

So back on topic. other than g2d, unity, eclipse, net gore, and xw is there any other engines I'm missing that are not programmed in vb6?
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

What kind of problems are you having with netgore?

I am not sure on that one. You can check on Explorations32 but it can be a pain to work with as there is little documentation. At least last I seen. There is also a MMO web game builder but last I checked the price was too high. There is a link somewhere on here. It has a weird name.

edit:
Ah it was the no where engine, but the site is down
http://engine.nowhere-else.org/

also look at Byond

Return to “2D engines”