Byond

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
greasontim

Byond

Post by greasontim »

anyone know if there are any tutorials on how to use byond?
Just asking so I can try to figure out how to make a Final Fantasy like battle system in it. Cause alot of people in the byond forums want to be paid for their work like right than and there.

Cause I'm wanting to make a base for a game with a team system where you can join a person's team and you join in on their battles when they get into a fight.

Either going to use byond to make a game or have to learn Java to make a 2d broswer game. Idk which to go with yet.
Jackolantern

Re: Byond

Post by Jackolantern »

Honestly, I would have to say that an engine like Eclipse Origins is much better than Byond. Maybe check it out as well and see if you like it better. There are tons of tutorials in their forums.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
greasontim

Post by greasontim »

Till I figure out what I'm going to use to make a game I'll keep trying to work with php to make a browser based game. And work with RPG maker VX with a online script, server and cilent that I found.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

wise choice.
greasontim

Post by greasontim »

I'm enjoying learning php by by working on the browser based game.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Its very rewarding, and it can reach a lot bigger audience because it doesn't require a client download, a plugin or anything. Plus most PHP games don't have the huge art requirements that a 2D or 3D game have.
greasontim

Post by greasontim »

Need to center my whole game with css but idk how, I HATE CSS! I know some HTML but never figured out to center a whole section like how gamefaqs.com has all the info in the middle of the screen
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

greasontim wrote:Need to center my whole game with css but idk how, I HATE CSS! I know some HTML but never figured out to center a whole section like how gamefaqs.com has all the info in the middle of the screen
You could create a center tag

Code: Select all

#center {
  margin: 0 auto;
  width: 80%;
}
Then place that div tag on the outside wall

<div id="center">
All other divs inside this area
</div>
Then your css sheet will have:

#login {
  position:relative;  <-- must be relative
  left:
  top:
  width:
  height:
}

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Honestly, I just download a free HTML template, cut it up and put it into PHP include files. Then I just include those files in my PHP files to "surround" my application in a design which I can go back and change later if I can get a web designer to work on it. That way I have a dummy design while developing, but if I finish the application/game I can work on getting a better custom design, and only have to change it out in one place.

Return to “2D engines”