My latest experience with Eclipse and Genesi2d

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

My latest experience with Eclipse and Genesi2d

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

It Sucked!!!

I asked one simple question at the Eclipse forums and they just went nuts flaming and going crazy. Blew my mind. Problem is you have a few older people with huge heads because a bunch of teenie boppers think they are the greatest thing since white bread. I have never had a good experience over there now that I mention it. One of them was the owner of Genesis2d. Total ass. I was even going to donate to his cause and told him that and he still acted like an ass.

They can shove their outdated, library needing, BMP using, RPG Maker tile stealing, VB thieving, engines up their windows 3.1 using butts for all I care. I will never go back to either one of those forums. There is no reason to treat people that way and I myself will not tolerate it. We are all developers helping each other.
Jackolantern

Re: My latest experience with Eclipse and Genesi2d

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, the community of Eclipse is crap. Kind of sad since it is actually a pretty solid 2D MMO open-source codebase.

If you were looking for something like this, what about that Mirage fork that was posted on MMORPGMaker (or was it here?) a while back? I can't remember the name of it, but it had a much better featureset than Eclipse or Mirage.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I was banned from the Genesis2D forums for nothing when I first joined. It's ridiculous how quick they are to label someone a noob.
w00t
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I think some people just like to form a little tribe, with the tribe defining itself as existing in as much as it rejects and puts down people. Without a steady stream of 'blood sacrifices'/people to put down, the tribe fails and evaporates - simply because it has no value in itself and is completely vacuous. It's only as strong as it's last put down.
Fight Cycle : My latest Browser game WIP
Driftwurld : My Browser Game WIP
Philosopher Gamer : My Blog
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hehe i like that.

Well something I noticed is I think Genesis2d is doing something illegal. They are all using forks of a original open source project I believe. G2D is withholding their source and making people pay to get the latest release of the game. They are not even advertising that they are using the source.

To be honest those engines are really out of date and are a pain to get working on W7. They are all still using BMPs which I don't care what they say is just to big of a format these days. There are so many games built with those engines using the same graphics that it is waaay to hard to break the mold and get players.
Perry

Post by Perry »

I've been using Eclipse for about a week and was enjoying it. I had gotten used to the scripting and found out it was missing some features. I figured "hey I learned some VB awhile back might as well try my hand at adding them" only to find out you have to edit the source with VB6. That was a wtf moment. Why would they still be using VB6 since it is nearly impossible to get legally? Now even after I've gotten VB6 I still can't edit the source because I get errors whenever I try to open the eclipse project.
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

There is someone who takes reports of people violating GPL, (if that is what they are using) have at it.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hehe I don't want to cause a stink. But I might just try to find out what they are using.

Eclipse is not too bad but it has had some features added to the source that were not done very well. Grab mirage source instead.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

haha if anyone has any question on the professionalism of G2d

good to know I am loved...thing is all the arguments were at the eclipse forum, NOT those forums.
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Hah, oh wow. I love how they call you the asshole when they're the real ones.

Return to “2D engines”