RPG Maker

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: RPG Maker

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i cant answer the types, but I will say RPG maker 95 was my favorite as it was tactics style but the graphics were terrible.

I use to be a pro at RPG maker XP. They still use my scripts to this day. However it has been years since I touched it. I do know that using osa kit you can get it working through a browser but I cant remember how big a client is. Not sure about the database stuff. RPG maker is so much more fun and just all around better than the mirage source clones.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Oops... you must have replied while I was editing it :)

Thanks for the info - the original question was if RMVX or RMXP could run in a browser? And what the difference was between the two... after more digging, it's not looking like this is the engine for what I want.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

anything that can be done in RPG maker can be simulated in Game maker or unity which has a browser deployment.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Unity and I don't get along for some reason. It's easy to work with and it's a powerful engine from what I can see, but anything I've tried in it just doesn't work. I have no doubt that it's inexperience on my part, because I see great stuff coming out of that engine, but until I can get satisfied with working with the free version, I'm not shelling out $1500 for Pro.

Also the whole thing of having to buy separate versions for iOS and Android development really stinks :(
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I am not much of a fan either. I use it but only because it is the best option which doesn't mean much. I prefer building my own.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

So build something similar (but better) and I'll license it from you :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

hehe yeah send me an email on the price and I will get back to you ;) heheh

Don't think I have thought about building a web based engine.

Return to “2D engines”