NetGore

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
Spodi

NetGore

Post by Spodi »

NetGore is a free, open-source 2D online RPG engine written in C#. It is cross-platform and supports both top-down and sidescroller games. NetGore comes with a large amount of the fundamental MMORPG components built in which allows you to focus more on designing your game.

Image Image Image Image
(view more images)

Purpose: The idea behind NetGore is to provide a strong foundation to build a game off of, and to provide the implementation of all the fundamental components involved in 2D online games. That way, people can spend their time with what makes their game unique and stand apart from the rest. For the past few years, the focus has been on performance, flexibility, and advanced features. Recently, the focus has shifted to making it even easier and faster to create your own game with NetGore.

Target audience: NetGore is intended for online multiplayer 2D games only. Although the focus is mainly on real-time RPGs, most any kind of multiplayer 2D game is fine. Some users have already implemented shooters and turn-based combat. We also focus especially on indie developers in numerous ways, such as by including a lot of the features for you and providing a fully-functional base game to work off of.

Features: A detailed list of features can be found on the about page, but in short, most of the basic (and some more advanced) MMORPG features are built in to the engine. More features are always being added as well based on the demand for them.

Links:
Home page
Screenshots
Download page

Any feedback is appreciated, either here or through the NetGore forums.
Last edited by Spodi on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genaga

Re: NetGore

Post by Genaga »

Wow Spodi you finally did it :) Well done. I'll take a look at this sometime soon. Does it use SlimDX? please don't tell me it uses SDL :(
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thanks for posting this! i love what you have done. I bet you will pull in some many people from the eclipse 2d mmorpg who have been wanting a side scrolling engine.

This really is some great stuff.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Great work! Congrats!! Will check it out as soon as I get some free time to do so!! :)

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I know a lot of folks have been wanting a side-scrolling MMO engine (in the vein of Maple Story) for a long while. It looks very nice :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Spodi

Post by Spodi »

Version 0.4.0 has been released, which adds some great changes to make using NetGore quicker & easier. We have also added a lot more content to the wiki to help make it easier to learn.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Awesome to see NetGore is still in heavy development! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

This great! I am also glad to see it in continual development. I have used this engine and give it full props and thumbs up!
Spodi

Post by Spodi »

Thanks! As long as people continue to use NetGore, I will continue to work on it. And the more people use it, the more I work. :D
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

Why do you need super privliges for the mysql database? Only way i can get that is if i host the mysql on my home computer which I'd rather not do.
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
Str: 5 Agi: 17 Fort: 5 IQ: 5
HP: 10/10 MP: 5/5
See Full Character:

Return to “2D engines”